Friday, December 2, 2011

Follow Me Friday (#19)


This is the day of the week where we get to know each other better by answering a question devised by our lovely hostesses Parajunkee & Alisoncanread. We also gain new followers by joining each other's sites via GFC, so please let me know if you're a new follower since I automatically follow back. And now for this week's question....

Q: What is your biggest pet peeve when it comes to books? Maybe you don’t like love triangles or thin plots? Tell us about it!

My pet peeve lately has been with young adult books always being a series now.  It's like after Harry Potter, Twilight, and Hunger Games everything is automatically a trilogy.  I run a Young Adult Book Club  and it seems every month when we chose a book it is always a series.  It is soooo hard to find a new popular book that is not going to be a trilogy.  I just have so many that I have started I just hate starting more series!!  

4 comments:

  1. I can't even remember the last time I read a book that wasn't a series.. That is kinda annoying lol!

    New follower!

    Feel free to check out my follow friday @ http://www.booklove101.com

    have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer that you don't like that. I tend to love series. Trilogies are all right. Usually I want more, but sometimes they can be done right!

    I've read a few stand alones and they were great, but I always wanted more from the characters because they were so awesome!

    My Friday Hops are up on my blog as well!

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I love a good series, other times I wish I hadn't even started it! (House of Night, anyone? I never would have picked up Marked if I had known they were aiming for TWELVE books in the series!!). It is getting more and more rare to find a stand-alone, so when I do I really appreciate it!

    New follower :) (#400!! Congrats!!)

    Follow Me Friday @ Radiant Shadows

    Don't forget to check out my 100 Followers Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping through. Good observation there. I didn't realize it until you pointed that one. :D

    ReplyDelete