Thursday, March 8, 2012

Follow Me Friday (#29)



This is the day of the week where we get to know each other better by answering a question devised by our lovely hostesses Parajunkee & Alisoncanread. We also gain new followers by joining each other's sites via GFC, so please let me know if you're a new follower since I automatically follow back. And now for this week's question....

Q.  Have you ever looked at a book's cover and thought, this is going to be horrible? But was instead pleasantly surprised? Show us the cover and tell us about the book. 


A.  I read the Dark Sword Trilogy by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman which turned out to be a really good fantasy series.  A friend gave them to me and when I looked at the covers that are from like the 70s early 80s I didn't even want to read them!  But since they were from a friend and that friend kept hitting me up if I had read them I finally picked them up. The picture on my About Me page shows me with one of the books!! 



 What book cover do you have that was horrible but a great book?

10 comments:

  1. I agree, those are pretty terrible! Old follower :)
    My Friday Hops

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are horrible covers! Great choices.

    My FF

    New follower thanks to FF :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi..I think I am the odd one here..but still I have to say that I don't think the covers are horrible. Its not highly approachable..but still I will read it, if you give this book to me. :)

    A new follower! Here is my Feature & Follow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping through. Not a fan of those covers. I've met Tracy Hickman though! He came and spoke to our class in 6th grade. I went to school with his niece.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi

    Horrible covers!!! ;)
    Happy FF
    Im a New GFC follower btw!;)

    My FF: http://MissVainsParanormalFantasy.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate those covers lol
    Following GFC and goodreads.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, those are some truly ghastly covers! Showing my good taste here, they're some that I could quite see my pre-teen self picking up! Oh yeah! haha.

    New GFC follower. You can find my FF here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there :) just hopping through.

    Agreeing with you about the covers.

    I'm also your newest follower :) Here is my choice...

    My Feature and Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with you there - I really do not like those cover at all! Great picks for this weeks question though!

    Hope you have a great weekend!
    Stephanie
    P.S. Don’t forget to enter my International Giveaway of 3 books, a journal, bookmarks and more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there. I agree, those covers are horrible! New follower! Here's my FF link:

    http://bookedupbloggers.blogspot.com/2012/03/feature-and-follow-friday-1.html

    Jessica from Booked Up! :) x

    ReplyDelete