Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Bout of Book 5.0 Mini Challenges for Day 2 (where I try to write a story)

I'm participating in the Bout of Books read-a-thon going on now. For more info, go to their website here. For Day 2, there are three fun mini challenges. Be sure to check them out.

Mini Challenge #1: Limericks

This Limericks challenge is hosted by Curiosity Killed the Bookworm .  They ask us to write a Limerick that has to do with reading.  Wow it is harder then you think!!

 Here is the one I came up with:
Reading is like being on the moon
Pages like falling stars
Riding there on a balloon
From here I can see Mars
Wait, is that a reddish baboon!

Here is one my friends and I came up with while sitting here
Reading is often misleading
It leave the mind ajar
Like the smile of a Walmart greeting
It makes  life feel subpar
Life without a book has no meaning

Mini Challenge #2: Relocate 

The Relocate challenge is hosted by The Grammarian's Reviews  
What book are you reading, where does it take place, and where is it going to relocate?
 I am reading Incarnate by Jodi Meadows.  I am not really that far into it to place it somewhere else but I will try.  Right now it takes place in two cities called Reach and Heart. I can't tell yet what kind of world it is... a distopian, a sci-fi world?  So I am going to place it in Las Vegas... but in a futuristic Las Vegas.  Similar to the Las Vegas you read about in The Stand by Stephen King.  

Mini Challenge #3: Character Interaction 

The Challenge Character Interaction hosted by Once Upon a Time
The Character Interaction challenge pretty much does what it says on the tin: take two characters from separate works of literature and show us how you’d imagine them interacting.

YIKES !  I have no idea how this is going to turn out.  I do not write books only read them!!!  So here goes.  I chose Reggis from the Drizzt series by RA Salvatore and Aragorn from Lord of the Rings.

Aragorn and Reggis were headed out on an adventure to find the Gold Dragon.  Reggis convinced Aragorn to stop into a village.

"We should stay hidden and stay at this inn" says Aragorn
"This inn?  This inn is called the Inn of the Green Apple!  It sounds like sissies would stay here!" exclaimed Reggis!  "We can find a much better place near the thieves guilds down by the Waterfront."
"Is this only to use your red ruby necklace that tricks people into doing what you want them to do?" Aragorn tells Reggis.
"Too bad that it doesn't work on you or we wouldn't be having this conversation" Reggis mumbles.
"What was that?" Aragorn asks. Reggis says nothing in return.  "Fine we will go to the Waterfront.. but we are bound to be discovered!"
Reggis and Aragorn enter the Waterfront district and see a sign for the Smugglers Inn.  "This is perfect for us!!" Reggis says while hopping off to go inside.
As soon as they enter 5 drow are already inside waiting.....

Well that is it for my famous short story!!  :)

Loved these challenges today.  I was actually...well... challenged to think outside the box!!
Don't forget to scroll down on my blog to see my updates!!!

Angie



3 comments:

  1. Vegas is sure to provide a LOT of drama and stuff to shake things up! Awesome choice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Limericks! Vegas makes a great location! Enjoyed your conversation between Aaragon and Reggis. Aaragon is one my favourite characters! Thaks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha love both the limericks, thanks for joining in.

    ReplyDelete