Saturday, August 18, 2012

Bout of Books Mini Challenges for Day 6

I'm participating in the Bout of Books read-a-thon going on now. For more info, go to their website here. For Day 6 there are 3 mini challenges.
Day 5 was a complete waste for me as far as the read-a-thon goes.  But today is a new day!!  I missed the challenges yesterday and I am bummed.  I love how they have got me thinking outside the box. 

Mini Challenge #1: Music
Music is hosted by My Not So Real Life
 This challenge wants you to pair a book and a song that goes with it.  I'd like to pick a song that goes with a book I have read for the read-a-thon.  I am currently reading The Map of Time by Felix J. Palma and it takes place in Victorian London.  I am not sure if it takes place in a different time frame yet... but I have a feeling it will since it is a time travel book.  But whenever I think of London around this time I think of the song Portobello Road from the movie Bedknobs and Broomsticks.

Book:
Paired with Portobello Road:




Mini Challenge #2: Page 99
Page 99 Test is hosted by My Seryniti

This Challenge has you look at page 99 and decide if you like the book you are reading or not.  So the book I am currently reading is the Map of Time.  EEK I never like doing this to be honest because I hate spoilers.  But everyone always plays this game on goodreads so sometimes I play along.  I will admit I just skimmed page 99.  I didn't exactly read it.  But it was interesting.  There was a whole section about maps so I would guess that we get around to a map in the book pretty soon!!!

Mini Challenge #3: Virtual Travels
Virtual Travels is hosted by Ex Libris

This challenge wants us to pair up a book with a picture of a place where we think the book takes place.  Hummmmm wow!  I am going to pick the Flapper series by Jillian Larkin. 



I really enjoyed picturing all the locations in this book.  Which is one of the reasons why I am excited about the new Great Gastby movie with Leonardo Decaprio.  I would picture these beautiful speakeasy bars.  With women who were beautiful and men who were still gentlemen.




5 comments:

  1. I don't know the Flapper series by Jillian Larkin but I love the pictures that you picked :).
    I don't know The Map of time either but that cover is stunning :p !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Map of Time is a much longer book then I anticipated by the cover is why I picked it up!!

      Delete
  2. Hi!
    I just came across your site and it is really lovely! I happily followed you and will enjoy reading your updates. You can find me over at Rainy Day Reads, www.rainydayreads.com It would be great if you could stop by and I would love to have a fellow book lover as a new follower.
    Christine x
    Rainy Day Reads
    www.rainydayreads.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures are just beautiful! I love the song for The Map of Time, too: the accordion is always the deal-breaker for me. :)

    Thanks for hopping by my blog! Returning the follow!

    ReplyDelete