Friday, August 31, 2012

Follow Me Friday (#44)



Wow is it really my Follow Me Friday post #40!!!  Time has flown! This is the day of the week where we get to know each other better by answering a question devised by our lovely hostesses Parajunkee & Alisoncanread. We also gain new followers by joining each other's sites via GFC, so please let me know if you're a new follower. And now for this week's question....
 
Q.  What is the best cover of a book you read and didn't like?
 
A. This one is easy for me.... Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children.
 
I love this cover.  I love the creepy pictures in the book and on the back cover.  I just love it.  But this book fell flat for me.  And I was really disappointed that it is going to be a series.   I believe it should've ended with book one but we are left with an open ending.  You can read my review about the book here.   

What is your great cover bad book list?



 

18 comments:

  1. Oh, I was so disappointed in this book, too. I thought it was rather gimmicky- using the photos. That the photos completely interrupted the flow of the book and kind of made the author lazy about descriptions. And I thought the secondary characters were flat. The ending...I know it's a series, but even series books don't usually end this badly.

    New follower via GFC. My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! I think I did this wrong!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the hosts sites said one thing... and the other host site had a different question!

      Delete
  3. I've been seeing this one everywhere but I'm not that interested so I didn't read.
    Here's my FF. :)
    Enjoy your weekend!
    *New GFC follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that book cover too - excellent choice, and I agree with you that it should have remained at 1 book - but I won't be reading any more in the series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly I won't be reading anymore in the series either. I will wikipedia what happens in the next book!

      Delete
  5. I haven't read that book.

    My FF - http://bookbloggermom.blogspot.com/2012/08/feature-follow.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was going to be more horror but it is not. :(

      Delete
  6. I haven't read this one yet, but maybe I won't :-)

    Old follower.

    Ensconced in YA
    My FF

    PS If you are excited about Asunder, make sure to see my blog when I put up the Jodi Meadows interview (giving away pre-order of Asunder)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Creepy pictures, well...creep me out LOL! And this cover is definitely creepy.

    I'm a new follower and thank you for already following me.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pictures in the book were creepy and supposedly real!!

      Delete
  8. OooooOO! Creepz! I like it! :)

    **newest GFC follower!**

    I'd love for you to check out my FF at Between the Bind.

    xo,
    Jenna Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  9. I guess I'm the oddball here. I really enjoyed this book! It was one of my favorites last year and just recently I received a signed copy from Quirk Books. ^^ I do agree that it probably should have been a stand-alone, so I'm intrigued to see where it's going to go in book two (and book two is taking quite a wait seriously--not liking that a bit).

    I hope you're having a fantastic week so far!

    <3
    Pixie
    http://the-bookaholic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We discussed it in my book club and a lot of people really liked it. Can't wait to see your review on the next book!

      Delete