Wednesday, August 8, 2012

What's Next (1)


Here's how it works (for those of you who want to participate): -Every Thursday,  select three-five books (not too many, not too little!) that you want to read but can't decide which one to read first. -Post the cover, and if you want, the synopsis or even a random line from the book, for each of your selections. -At the end of your post, ask readers to vote on which one you should read next! Even if you don't end up reading your readers' top choice, you'll know what the majority is excited for. So who's up for it? Be sure to grab a button and link up your posts. And leave me a comment telling me what you think! This is hosted by Icey Books!


OK so I am going to list the 4 books I plan on reading for the read-a-thon I am doing next week with bout of books.   I am very excited about it since it will be my first read-a-thon.  So here they are:

Set in Victorian London with characters real and imagined, The Map of Time boasts a triple play of intertwined plots in which a skeptical H.G. Wells is called upon to investigate purported incidents of time travel and to save lives and literary classics, including Dracula and The Time Machine, from being wiped from existence. What happens if we change history? The author explores this question in the novel, weaving an historical fantasy as imaginative as it is exciting—a story full of love and adventure that transports readers to a haunting setting in Victorian London for their own taste of time travel.






Galen is the prince of the Syrena, sent to land to find a girl he's heard can communicate with fish. Emma is on vacation at the beach. When she runs into Galen — literally, ouch! — both teens sense a connection. But it will take several encounters, including a deadly one with a shark, for Galen to be convinced of Emma's gifts. Now, if he can only convince Emma that she holds the key to his kingdom . . . Told from both Emma and Galen's points of view, here is a fish-out-of-water story that sparkles with intrigue, humor, and waves of romance.




New soul Ana is new. For thousands of years in Range, a million souls have been reincarnated over and over, keeping their memories and experiences from previous lifetimes. When Ana was born, another soul vanished, and no one knows why. No soul Even Ana's own mother thinks she's a nosoul, an omen of worse things to come, and has kept her away from society. To escape her seclusion and learn whether she'll be reincarnated, Ana travels to the city of Heart, but its citizens are afraid of what her presence means. When dragons and sylph attack the city, is Ana to blame? Heart Sam believes Ana's new soul is good and worthwhile. When he stands up for her, their relationship blooms. But can he love someone who may live only once, and will Ana's enemies—human and creature alike—let them be together? Ana needs to uncover the mistake that gave her someone else's life, but will her quest threaten the peace of Heart and destroy the promise of reincarnation for all? Jodi Meadows expertly weaves soul-deep romance, fantasy, and danger into an extraordinary tale of new life. 


For 500 years, the Cahills have been the most powerful family in the world. For 500 years, they've protected the source of their power - the 39 Clues. And for 500 years, they've kept their secrets silent. Until now. This extraordinary stand-alone novel cracks open the Cahill vault to tell the story of the most coveted piece of artwork in the world, a masterpiece that has been the target of seven separate theft attempts: Jan van Eyck’s altarpiece at Ghent. OPERATION TRINITY chronicles the first Vesper attack on the altarpiece in the 1600s, then jumps to WWII and young Grace Cahill’s desperate bid to save the masterwork from the Nazis. The final piece of the novel tells the story of Ian and Natalie Kabra’s first solo operation and features an 11th hour appearance by Grace Cahill on her final mission. History will never be the same.




So, what do you think, which one of these novels I should read next? Have you read any of these & did you enjoy it? Leave me a comment & help me decide!

6 comments:

  1. I really loved Of Poseidon, so I vote for that one :)

    My What's Next: http://thebookbelles.blogspot.com/2012/08/whats-next-1_8.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of these yet, but The Map of Time sounds awesome, so that's my vote! :)

    Happy read-a-thon!

    My What's Next

    Randi @ Cardigans, Coffee and Bookmarks

    ReplyDelete
  3. My vote goes to Incarnate, I have really been wanting to read that one and I have heard great things about it!

    Kristin @ Young Adult Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read only Of Poseidon, but I loved it, so I vote for Of Poseidon & I hope you'll enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote for a Map of Time.
    My What’s Next
    liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any of these but I would pick Map of Time based solely on the awesome, creepy cover.

    My What's Next: http://oneminutebooks.blogspot.com/2012/08/whats-next_9.html

    ReplyDelete