Monday, January 4, 2016

Sunday Post


Let's chat about what's going on this week... on my blog.. on other blogs... on the internet... and just everywhere!    I link up my post to Sunday Post hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Reader.

Hello all!!  Well the holiday season is over.  I had such a nice time this Christmas because I got to go home to Utah and visit my parents.  There was snow and cold the entire time  which was perfect since some of my family that was there was from Texas.

This week I finally got on my blog and started looking around at it.  There was a post I did a while back in October I think, about a mystery package I received in the mail. As a book blogger of course I did a post about it.  I really had no idea what it was and honestly thought it was some sort of book campaign.  So I did what I thought was a fun and great post.  I thought it was a post where others who got the box could come and share what they discovered about the package.  Well apparently there must've been quite a few people who were given this package over Christmas because the comments on the post went crazy.  There was some commenter who said I ruined the experience for everyone... and blah blah.  They were reporting me to the company and that the company was going to sue me.  I don't know.. people were going bananas over my little book blog's post so I just deleted the post.  I don't know if I should've or not but honestly I don't care enough.  Plus these aren't my followers or anything they are just random people on the internet (unlike us book bloggers of course).  So that happened.  I am sorry to those who felt like it ruined the experience.  I really would've never done that ... I HATE spoilers.  In fact... I think in the past I have done entire posts on spoilers and how terrible they are.  Guess that mystery package shouldn't be gifted to us "personal blogger" as I was called.  The company (the Mysterious Package Company) didn't make me pull it down or anything I just did it on my own.

I am looking forward to 2016.  Getting more posts up and more books read.  I really don't have any big goals for 2016.  I don't think I have ever really made some sort of huge resolution or anything.  It would seem like most of the time they don't work anyways. This year I will be spending my birthday and Valentines day alone (they are back to back).  Not sure how I feel about that.  I guess in the past 15 years I haven't been alone for it so I am really not sure what to do with myself!

Hope you all had a fabulous 2015 and that 2016 brings you many blessings.

In 2016 I am participating in the 9th Annual Graphic Novel Challenge.  More info:

designed by Nicola Mansfield

It's time to start signing up for the 2016 challenge.  No changes this year, but if anyone has any ideas for the big 10-year celebration next year get in touch with me.



  • Please write a sign-up post on your blog and then sign-up below with a link to yourspecific sign-up post (NOT to your home page).  

  • What counts:  graphic novels, collected trade editions, manga, comic strip collections, comic books or combinations of text and bubbles all in the same book. In print or digital. Anything else you feel is suitable.  My personal criteria is if it has either frames OR speech bubbles it counts.  I'm not going to be the comic police but if you are unsure, ask me in the comments any given month.

  • You must write a review and link to it for it to count towards the challenge. Reviews may be posted on your blog or goodreads or similar places. Several reviews may be gathered and posted in one link on your blog, but each book must be linked back here in the monthly linkies to count. Come back every month to record your progress.


Here is how the Challenge plays out:

runs from Jan.1 - Dec. 31, 2016

Levels

Modern Age: read and review 12 books during the year (that's only 1 book a month)

Bronze Age: read and review 24 books during the year (Can you handle 2 books a month.)

Silver Age: read and review 52 books during the year (Are you up to a book a week!)



No comments:

Post a Comment