Monday, June 13, 2016

Doom 2016- Video Game Review


Oh yes!!!  I love Doom.  Always have.  Doom in 1993 was the first game I ever played that was a first person shooter way back when it first came out on PC.  My mom and dad played it back then and were the ones who showed me the game.  Now we have the 2016 Doom and it was exactly what I expected it to be... fun! I've been waiting for this game since Doom 3 (2004). The campaign slogan is "Fight Like Hell" which is so clever to me.  In case you are unfamiliar with the whole Doom concept, it's basically about this space marine called  Doomguy (he has no official name) who keeps having to have to come back from "sleep" to fight the demons and minions of hell.  Usually in the games you go back and forth between Mars and Hell.  Humanity keeps re


This game is gruesome, fast, entertaining, and a challenge. There are a lot of weapons in Doom.  One is very overpowered Gauss Canon... you can pretty much kill anything with this easily.  There is also the BFG.   I say use it... I played with people who was like saving it for a rainy day because the ammo is scarce.  But still.... you can find it.  Why have the BFG and not use it.  There are a ton of secrets in this game and I barely found any of them!  And trust me I felt like I looked everywhere. This would make multiple play throughs fun. Seriously secret hunting on this game is addictive. 

Doom Movie 
The credits are actually kind of fun to watch so be sure to stick around for a while. The campaign is fairly short.  I played it in one sitting (mind you it was a long sitting). I haven't had a chance to get on the multiplayer part of Doom but hope to soon and will update this review then.  This game isn't ground breaking.  It's not going to change the world of gaming and who knows when the next one will come out (hopefully sooner then 10 years). But it's a lot of fun and if you love first person shooters... especially ones where you just blow up demons for hours, then this game is for you. 

I give this game 8 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment