Saturday, November 19, 2011

Crossed by Ally Condie-Review


I read this book because my YA Book Club picked Matched a few months ago.  Here is the goodreads description:

In search of a future that may not exist and faced with the decision of who to share it with, Cassia journeys to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped, leaving a series of clues in his wake. Cassia's quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border. But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander - who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassia's heart - change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever.

I thought this was a good second book in the series. Though the last like 100 pages took place in the same location. That part probably could've moved along a little faster. I am dying to know who Cassia ends up with.. Xander or Ky? I also can't wait to see the cover revel of the third book. I really like the art work on these books. There wasn't a lot of action in this book and I think that is why a lot of people didn't like it.  There was a lot of description.   Also, nothing was answered in this book.  And I mean NOTHING.  Who is the society,  what are those tubes, who is the Rising, who are the farmers... questions!!!!!  But I will read the third book because I am tired of starting series and not finishing them because I start another series!!!


Matched by Ally Condie



Reached by Ally Condie

2 comments:

  1. i dunno why everyone is kinda disapointed in this book, i have the the first 2 and i havent read them yet, and now im kind of discouraged.. :/
    Thanks for the review anyhow!!

    Farah @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete