Sunday, November 13, 2011

In My Mailbox (#11)

Another Weekend, Another Mailbox!! This is a feature where we all share with each other the yummy books that showed up at our doors! WARNING: In My Mailbox can lead to extreme envy and GINORMOUS wishlists!! In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren  Head on over to add your blog to the linky link and share your newest acquisitions with other book lovers.


This week I got some fun books.  I got 2 books that I saw on the goodreads poll for best children's books of the year which are Won Ton, and Cat Secrets.  I really enjoyed both books too!!  Then I saw that my library had i am maru.  I love little Maru!  Do you know who he is?  I will post some videos so you can see! It's kinda neat each page has a pic of him and then a description in English and Japanese (I think). And then I recived The Apothecary, and Crossed from the library.  I don't normally buy books, EVER.  But sometimes I will for a favorite series.  I own all the books in the Inheritance series so of course I had to buy that book!  I can't wait to read it, though I will read the whole series again first.  Here are some videos of Maru like I promised! 


And one more! Please leave a link so I can see yours!!

10 comments:

  1. Maru is hilarious! I used to work in childcare, and one time I brought my laptop to do some homework while it was slow, and some kids came over to see what I was doing...ended up showing them that last video you have here, and they wanted to watch it over and over and over again.

    I didn't know there was a book; I might have to find a copy and see if it's something my niece might like. She loves animals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cat videos are hilarious! I have never heard of him! Where have I been??

    http://brunettelibrarian.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I love Maru. I love his passion for boxes!! I have only read the first 2 books in the Inheritance series, I really need to read the final 2! I hope you enjoy them.

    Check out my IMM here.

    Emma @ LostinaYAbook

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww I just watched those videos with my little sister (she's 5) and we both just giggled. Thanks for sharing!

    I'm not sure what to think of Crossed since I didn't love Matched... I hope you like it though.

    Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great set! I really want to read Crossed. And the whole Eragon series.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, I <3 MARU!
    I love the one where the boxes get progressively smaller, and there's another where the box is full of packing, and he can't get in. It's ADORABLE.

    Sorry, inner cat lady coming out :D

    ALSO! Inheritence! Can't wait to hear your thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute cat!! Great set of books too! Enjoy!

    Here's my IMM

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a huge Maru fan- had no idea there was a book about him ( her?) I smell a few christmas gifts coming!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Maru and I'm wondering if my library has Crossed yet...

    ReplyDelete