Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa Review



I have been reading a lot of books that are first in the series but never finish the series because I have so many other books to read.  Well... so I decided to go ahead and read the second book in the Iron Fey series.  I enjoyed it, here is the goodreads description of the book:

Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey—ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her.
Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart.


My review (including spoilers):  I think this book was mainly about the love triangle.  Team Ash or Team Puck.  The whole book was about this.  There was a weird prom scene in this book that was so unnecessary.  All of a sudden Megan and her two boyfriend are dancing the night away.  I hated that part of the book.  I like that we now have the two courts admitting that there is an iron court.  Finally maybe the third book can move on!

Another thing I think it strange in this book is that suddenly Meghan has iron powers even though she is half human and half summer fey.  Odd.  I am sure it will be explained later but I do think maybe it should've been wrapped up in this book.   I really liked the character Ironhorse in these books... too bad he won't be back.  :(



Well I am glad to finally be finishing up a series.  I am going straight into the next book now instead of putting other books ahead of it!!


 

1 comment:

  1. Good review. I have been thinking about trying this series. It was good to read your take on it.
    Alaskan Book Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete