Monday, December 26, 2011

Top 10 Books I’ve read in 2011






My top 10 books in 2011 are hard to pick (click the picture above to find out how to participate). Ok so here goes:

Title: 11/22/63
Author: Stephen King
Published: November 8th 2011 by Scribner
My number one book is 11/22/63!  This book is AMAZING!  One of his best in a long time.  I will take you on a time traveling journey!







Title:Divergent
Author: Veronica Roth
Published: May 3rd 2011 by Katherine Tegen Books
I loved Divergent.  It was my favorite YA distopian novels this year.  I am dying to read the next book in the series.






Title: Go the Fuck to Sleep
Author: Adam Mansbach
Published: June 14th 2011 by Akashic Books

This book is hilarious!  I recommend if you don't want to buy it or check it out from the library to look it up on youtube.com and listen to Samuel L. Jackson narrate it!


TitleParanormalcy
Author:Kiersten White
Published: August 31st 2010 by HarperTeen

Ok so I know this wasn't published in 2011 (the second book was) but the first time I read it was in 2011 so I am going to count it.  Now if only Ms. White would do a Q&A with my book club on goodreads!!





TitleHarry Potter Page to Screen: The Complete Film Making Journey
Author: Bob McCabe
Published: October 25th 2011 by Harper Design

I have not done a review on this book yet.  I checked this MASSIVE book out from the library and then bought it for my husband for Christmas so I wanted to wait for that before I did a review.  This book is WONDERFUL and perfect for any Harry Potter fan.  Especially the ones who are so sad there are no more movies.



TitleThe Night Circus
By: Erin Morgenstern
Published: September 13th 2011 by Doubleday

Ok this is another book I have not done a review on... because I have about 100 pages to go.  I should be reading it right now but I am writing this post instead!! It is so good and very descriptive.  Nothing like the vampire, werewolf novels that are so popular which makes it more of a refreshing book!




Title: The 39 Clues Series: Medusa's Plot
By: Gordon Korman

Published: August 30th 2011 by Scholastic Press

I don't see many of my fellow bloggers reading the 39 Clue series... but man they are good!  So good in fact that in a couple of weeks when I do my first giveaway I am going to give away book 1!





Title: Vixen

By: Jillian Larkin

Published: December 14th 2010 by Random House Children's Books

This series is great!  I think people aren't reading it though because it came out at the same time as the popular series Bright Young Things (which I have not read so I can't compare).  This is a fun series though and I recommend it if you are interested in reading a YA book that takes time during the Flapper era. 




TitleThe Iron King

By: Julie Kagawa

Published: February 1st 2010 by Harlequin Teen

Ok I know this is another 2010 book, but again I didn't read it till 2011.  I also read the Iron Daughter in 2011 too.  Great series!



 

Title: Dead Reckoning

By: Charlaine Harris

Published: May 3rd 2011 by Ace

Love the Sookie series. Kinda sad there are only two more books! 








Ok so those are my choices!  Leave me a link to yours! 

7 comments:

  1. I have 11/22/63 as ebook, but it won't work on my Kindle so I'll have to read it on my computer. (Or just suck it up and wait for my turn at the library copy..:P)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Iron Knight is definitely a must read! I have to get by The Night Circus to read it and Paranormalcy is really awesome I need to read Supernaturally before Endlessly comes out! I miss the IPA ;) I haven't got time to start the Sookie Stackhouse series but I'll get around it someday! half of the list I don't know so I'll definitely check them out. Great list.

    Here' s my Top 10 Books of 2011

    Jay @ We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost put Go the Fuck to Sleep on my Top 10 list too!! It was HILARIOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Night Circus!! Divergent! ♥ Now I'm really interested in Stephen King..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh you've got a lot of great picks here! Everyone is posting such great lists! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

    <3
    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Iron Fey series!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I second "Go the Fuck to Sleep!" So funny!

    ReplyDelete