Monday, July 23, 2012

Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo Review and Signing

 

I had planned on reading this book at sometime, then at San Diego Comic Con I saw Leigh Bardugo signing books and hadn't bought myself anything yet at the con so I bought this book!  And loved it.  Here is the goodreads description:

Alina Starkov doesn’t expect much from life. Orphaned by the Border Wars, the one thing she could rely on was her best friend and fellow refugee, Mal. And lately not even that seems certain. Drafted into the army of their war-torn homeland, they’re sent on a dangerous mission into the Fold, a swath of unnatural darkness crawling with monsters who feast on human flesh. When their convoy is attacked, all seems lost until Alina reveals a dormant power that not even she knew existed. Ripped from everything she knows, she is whisked away to the royal court to be trained as a member of the Grisha, the magical elite led by the mysterious Darkling. He believes she is the answer the people have been waiting for: the one person with the power to destroy the Fold. Swept up in a world of luxury and illusion, envied as the Darkling’s favorite, Alina struggles to fit into her new life without Mal by her side. But as the threat to the kingdom mounts, Alina uncovers a secret that sets her on a collision course with the most powerful forces in the kingdom. Now only her past can save her . . . and only she can save the future.

This book is amazing!! I just love it!!  It is the Epic fantasy I have been looking for.  Reminds me a lot of Graceling!  I also received a map, book mark and some nail polish!!   Which is great!  (I will be including extra ones in with my giveaway on the 27th).  I really liked everything about this book.. the romance, adventure, mystery, magic!!  I just love it all.  I have to wait sooo long for the next books.  Here is a picture of Ms. Bardugo.  Yes I am not in the pictures.  To be honest I forgot to ask her to take one with me and then when I went back the comic con floor was crazy again.  Sigh... that floor was always packed!







The map in the book is beautiful too:


And this is great too!  


Edit... OK I finally took pictures of the swag I got from Comic Con so here are the pics.  I got some really pretty grey nail polish too.  I was going to post of pic of my toe nails painted in that color BUT my feed are ugly so you will just have to look at the bottle :




My review of the second book Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo  can be found here.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds great, and that is neat you went to a signing.
    Thanks for review,
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. for me this is a very very good information, because its contents make us become better know and learn more about the wide world, so it would greatly add insight for me, laneways that I say many thanks.
    ganoderma plus capsule

    ReplyDelete