Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Dragon Age Inquisition - Video Game Review





OK.. I must apologize to my readers... I have not really been reading books.  I have been putting a ton of hours into this game, Dragon Age Inquisition.  And by a ton of hours, I'm talking like 60 hours.  EEK!  I know.  I didn't really have time for anything else.  This game is sooo fun.  I just loved it so much.  I have played the other two Dragon Age games.  The first one was a really great game too.  The second game called Dragon Age 2 was only so so.  Very short.  Let's be honest.. after that game I didn't want to pay Dragon Age again.  Then I kept hearing things about this game so I had to play it.   This game on the other hand is clearly long and just totally worth my free time.  So glad I gave the series another chance.

The beginning of the game is not good.  When I started playing I thought... um... what is even going on.  It took about 2-3 hours to really even get going.   It starts with my character (who I get to create and I picked a mage/elf) going along with some sort of mark on her hand.  No one knows how it got there and I find out this mark closes portals that demons come through. Terrible introduction Bioware!  Then boom the whole world opens up and it becomes one of the best RPGs I've played in a long time. 



The side quests are totally worth it.  You unlock new conversations and plot points.  I enjoy that each character has a tarot card that you see and as the game progresses and your relationships change the tarot cards change as well. I did feel that the collecting of plants and items sorta became a waste.  By the end of the game I had a TON of stuff that I did nothing with.  Perhaps I just didn't know how to do that part right.   I wasn't able to play the multiplayer because I don't know anyone who owns the game and would play it with me.  I did want to try it out though. 

Well... now that I am done with this game I should get back to plenty of reading!

18 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH I LOVED THAT GAME! Maybe spoilers i dunno, but Did you get that cliffhanger ending? I need to know what happened!
    Who was your favorite character? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! I love when a good video game takes over your life. Sounds like you had fun. Welcome back to the world of reading. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess that cliffhanger ending no one was supposed to get... I am assuming some DLC is coming. Though my friend told me there is already a $15 DLC available and that all you really do in it is fight a dragon. So it's not worth the cost. Oh well... my favorite character?? That's tough. i discovered that I didn't unlock one of the locations for some reason. I have no idea why.. I googled the crap out of it and just couldn't figure out how I didn't unlock it. So I didn't get to finish Sera or Cassandra's back stories. So annoying to be honest. I have to pick Liliana as my favorite character. Which one was yours??

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was super fun... I am a little sad that I am not playing it tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this game too! I love the whole Dragon Age franchise. You said that Dragon Age: Origins was the second, less good game, but Dragon Age: Origins is actually the 1st game in the series. Dragon Age 2 is the shorter one. I liked both but Origins was really, really fantastic. I think Inquisition is great too. I love the story and all of the hours you can put into it. I preferred the romance options in the previous two games better though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi I've nominated for The Creative Blogger Award. Congrats, for more details visit here: http://bookstopcorner.blogspot.in/2015/05/award-time-creative-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was actually thinking about reviewing this game some time soonish on my blog because I too have been completely sucked into it. I loved it a lot and actually feel like I could even replay it relatively soon because there were just so many options/decision that could be made along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds interesting, though putting 2-3 hours into a game that didn't seem to be going anywhere isn't something I'm ever likely to do, even though it looks like it has gorgeous animation! So nice! And the tarrot cards. AHH. I adore that kind of art.


    Hope your reading goes well and undistracted for the most part now, Angela! Though getting caught up in other things can be so fun. I'm sick, going into my third week, which is so not fun and I haven't touched a book in around a week. Even reading blog posts today is becoming a struggle! TV shows are acting the part of my saviour.


    I finally got a new PS3, so I can play Oblivion, which is very exciting. Here's hoping, after so much waiting, I'll actually enjoy it. I know it's got awesome music, though, so there's that to be sure of. I can just leave it playing for hours and listen to it! (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are totally bad ass... I thought they were really a neat thing to add to the game.

    ReplyDelete
  10. EEk!! Thanks for correcting me. I will go in the post and correct it. Surprising how many Dragon Age fans are out there! Next game I am going to play is the Witcher 3. I hear that one is really good too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would go back and play something other then a mage.. maybe the Rogue. I usually always end up picking the magic user when I play games like this. They are my favorite. You should review this game!!! I would love to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sucks that you were sick!! I was sick for a while there so I am just now catching up on comments. I love love Oblivion. After you finish that game you have to play Skyrim. In fact... skip Oblivion and go straight into Skyrim. LOL!! There is a music station on Pandora .. I think it's the Skyrim station. I love to put that on and just listen to that station for hours myself. Love that kind of music.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I usually always pick magic too, and this time I didn't and partially regretted it (I just played Solas A LOT so it didn't really matter). Right now I'm playing origin and I'm also enjoying it :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What's your blog address??? Disqus doesn't have it listed??

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Dragon Age but I haven't played this yet. My husband and daughter are playing it so I don't get a turn on our Xbox. But I sit there and watch them while I read.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love to watch games like this! I am actually about to start playing the Witcher tonight and really just can't wait. I get so into the games.

    ReplyDelete