Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor Review


Let me start by saying I love love love this book!  Here is the goodreads description:
Around the world, black handprints are appearing on doorways, scorched there by winged strangers who have crept through a slit in the sky. In a dark and dusty shop, a devil's supply of human teeth grown dangerously low. And in the tangled lanes of Prague, a young art student is about to be caught up in a brutal otherwordly war. Meet Karou. She fills her sketchbooks with monsters that may or may not be real; she's prone to disappearing on mysterious "errands"; she speaks many languages—not all of them human; and her bright blue hair actually grows out of her head that color. Who is she? That is the question that haunts her, and she's about to find out. When one of the strangers—beautiful, haunted Akiva—fixes his fire-colored eyes on her in an alley in Marrakesh, the result is blood and starlight, secrets unveiled, and a star-crossed love whose roots drink deep of a violent past. But will Karou live to regret learning the truth about herself




For those of you who follow my blog you know I am not good at re-telling the story. So read the goodreads description if you want that. I am just not good at it. Sorry. But my feelings on the book is it is FABULOUS! I mean I just love the descriptive telling of the surroundings. The magic the author can weave into my imagination is just GREAT! And to be honest I was surprised that by the time I finished the book it was amazing how Taylor turned this book into a romance.  Not your typical romance but I really felt the love between the characters.

I did think it was odd though that the main character had blue hair.  What is with authors lately and having crazy color hair?  I guess  it's like famous actors.. they can get away with it.  Normal people cannot walk into a job interview with blue hair and expect to get the job.  Maybe in Prague but not in Colorado Springs where I am from.

OK back to the book... I love the whole angel vs demon story!  I love the history and the glimpse into each race.   I mean WOW!  Just read this.  I am so interested in the next book I kinda wish I hadn't started the series until all books were out!! EEK!  Oh and the title of the second book was just announced!



I would love to know what you thought of this book... so leave a link below to your blog and your review so I can check it out!



Go here to read my review on Days of Blood and Starlight 
 Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor

4 comments:

  1. Oh I want to read this so bad, its been coming up a lot on my goodreads recommendations! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the first page! (or at least I think it is the first page?) I MUST buy this series. Everyone has been going on and on about how damned good it is. I can't believe I haven't read it yet! Oh, where did the time go... But now that the last book is coming (or is it out already?) I will definitely get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is sooo good. I have been waiting forever for the library to get the third book. They finally got it in and I am like number 7 or 8. Wish I was sooner on the list!! At least you will be able to read the whole series at once!

    ReplyDelete