Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Destiny- Video Game Review


I was so excited when I had first heard about Bungie's new game.  Finally it came out.  I love this game.  What I find most fun about it is playing with my friends. The game is a first person shooter game which is my favorite.  I will say the story mode is quite short.  I finished that in no time. Then you continue to level up your character by find different items to upgrade your gear. 

There are a few things missing that Bungie had with it's Halo games.  You can't just talk to anyone on the mic.. you actually have to be grouped up to do this.  Which makes it hard to find friends.  The multiplayer is pretty fun too though I don't play it as much as the weekly/daily challenges.  It was hard to make a choice on which system to buy the game on, Xbox One or PS4.  This is because I have friends playing on both systems.  I ended up going with PS4.


In December there will finally be an expansion pack at the price tag of $30.  That is a little pricey but I will for sure be buying it.  I wish it was sooner.  The game can be repetitive but like I said I enjoy visiting with friends while playing.  Takes my mind off things and we can just laugh and have some fun.  I am about to start a new character because really I have maxed out the level the character I am currently using.  I am hoping in the update we can level up higher then 30.   Such a great game.

12 comments:

  1. This weekend I plan to pick up the borderlands prequel. I'm excited to play as claptrap. Matt @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That should be fun. I tried to play Borderlands and found it fun but hard to do. I played on my own and just couldn't get through. I think I needed a second player.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have this, and I haven't started it yet because Borderlands Pre-Sequel. And if you want a buddy to play Borderlands online with, I'll join you! I am not awesome by any means, but I've played it and loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've kind of gotten away from first person shooters lately... This game's limitations on the multiplayer mic functionality is a huge oversight on Bungie's part IMO, but I'm sure to have some time to kill over the holidays, and the upcoming expansion pack sounds promising.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of this but it does seem pretty interesting, even though I sadly don't use my PlayStation anymore except for the occasional Final Fantasy game. I also like first person shooters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't like that we have to buy expansions in order to continue the main story line. That annoys me. Plus each planet looks the same on each level.. that bothers me too. I enjoy the social aspect of the game though a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First person shooters have always been my favorite. Just something about them is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did delete my Borderlands of the PS3 to make room for other games so I don't have it anymore. What is your gamertag? We could play Destiny together. It is a short story mode so you could get started anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, PS3. I have an Xbox, don't know that that would have worked anyway. And, my gamertag is TheRobotFriend. I probably won't start Destiny until NaNo is over, but totally add me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVED playing Destiny! We got the white PS4 bundle and I watched him play it. I am not one to play FPS, but I played a little bit of Halo for fun with friends in high school and it kinda seemed reminiscent. I tend to like games like Kingdom Hearts and Little Big Planet. I ended up starting my own character (a hunter) and had a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I lost interest because I got sick and it kinda made me nauseous. I'm sure I'll pick it up once I'm done with Sunset Overdrive. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all the games you listed. Though I haven't played Sunset Drive yet. But Kingdom Hearts and Little Big Planet.. love those. I think Destiny is extremely fun. I play it all the time at night. I am about to switch over to Halo the Master Chief collection tonight. I have been wanting to play it for a while. It has a lot of matchmaking issues though I guess Bungie is going to fix it this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh... you must be playing Destiny on Xbox then? Mine is on PS4. Yeah we won't be able to join up. BOO!! Though I do have The Master Chief Collection on the Xbox One if you want to play that.

    ReplyDelete