Thursday, June 25, 2015

Jurassic World - Movie Review


Jurassic World was one of the movies I was most excited to see this summer.  I loved the first movie Jurassic Park.  I remember being in 8th grade when it came out and going with my classmates and watching it at the theater.  As an adult... Jurassic Park was re-released in IMAX theaters so we went to go and see it there too.  Which was way so neat.  The next two Jurassic Park movies were only so-so to me.  What I liked about this film was the fact that it was going to be totally different then the other films.  The park was actually going to be open so we were going to get to see it functional. 

For those of you looking for a brand new movie... something you have never see before, well don't expect that.  You are going to see Dinosaurs again... a few fights of Dinosaurs (reminded me a little of Sharknado).  I think there is plenty of fun experiences in the movie that will bring a new generation of kids/young adults to the world of Jurassic Park. What I also loved was that there was a lot of scenes for long time fans to be able to reminiscence about the first movies. For example there is a character in the movie who has on a Jurassic Park tee-shirt which was cool to see (since now the park is called Jurassic World).



The main plot of the movie is about a new dinosaur called Indominus Rex who escapes in the park when it is jam packed with people (the website listed under the poster above is really neat and shows what's going on in the park). It's goofy to see Chris Pratt's character running around training raptors, such a fun actor.  It's the kind of movie that I was expecting.  We didn't bother seeing it in 3D but I think it would be good either way.  I did think I wasn't as connected with the characters as in the first film.. this one seemed more about the Dinosaurs fighting then character development.  



I recommend seeing this film if you love creature features and a good time.  It was nice to visit Jurassic World.   Rating: B


24 comments:

  1. I've been hearing good things about this one! I do really want to see it - hopefully soon.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought this one was completely ridiculous. Tons of fun, but completely ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about the character development. I didn't feel as attached to anyone as I was with Jurassic Park. And, I missed John Williams' music, even thought the main themes were still there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the first review I have read that didn't say this was the most amazing movie in the world. I really want to see it but my wife wants to see it even more. We are just a little short on funds so I pre-ordered the iTunes copy. I really liked how detailed you got into about things you felt were cool and what really didn't work. I look forward to seeing this myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks awesome. I am so anxious to see this one- finally flying dinosaurs! I liked the first two, the third one not so much. So I was skeptical of this and excited at the same time... looks like they did it right. I love the idea of the park being open and people running for their lives... LOL. Can't wait to see it! (I know the third one had flying dinosaurs, but that movie was just... ehh.).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard mixed reviews so far on this movie but I'm still sooo thrilled to see it! I love all of the movies, (although I do like the first one more) and I hope I'll love Jurassic World as much! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never watched Jurassic Park. I think I saw about 10 minutes of it, when someone else was watching it once, but never alone, never for the sole purpose of watching and finishing it. I'm too easily scared and those dinosaurs are creeeepppyyy.
    But I'm glad this was a worthwhile experience and you had a fun time. The fact someone in the film wore a "park" t-shirt sounds like such a neat addition for long time fans. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was never able to watch Jurassic Park, because I read the book and it really kinda scared me, so I'm sure the film would have done the same! But this seems like a great film - I'm happy it's doing so well actually, it's nice to see older franchises revived properly. I'm glad you really enjoyed this one too. I might try to watch it now that I'm older (I can take it!) ... but maybe when it's on DVD so I can hide behind a pillow. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. This movie seems to be everywhere.. And I haven't still seen it!! On my list!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw it in 3d and just loved it! My son really enjoyed it as well. The Jurassic Park t-shirt was a fun little piece in there. You're right, it was just a fun movie :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought it was an excellent summer movie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh well.. yes... ridiculous. It reminded me a lot of Sharknado. I kept thinking of that movie the whole time. But I liked the cheesiness of both movies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. John Williams music can be so amazing. You can always tell when a movie changes to a different composer.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was a really fun movie and would probably a fun date night movie. I just didn't feel like the movie was the most amazing thing. But still fun and worth seeing again. I think kids would even love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeah... the third and second movie were that great. I barely even remember them and always get the two confused. I heard that there are supposed to be two more movies in the series... so hopefully they are decent.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's hard to decide if you should see a movie if there are a lot of mixed reviews. That's how I feel about the new Terminator movie. I just can't decide if I want to see it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't think that Jurassic Park is that scary to be honest. But different things scare different people. I am more of the type of person who doesn't like gruesome things.. movies like Saw or videos on Live Leak. They just aren't entertaining to me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have been wanting to read that book honestly. My mom said it was really good. Of course so many books so little time right??? I don't think the movie is scary... especially if you watch it on a small screen rather then a large movie screen. I would also like to know what you think by comparing the book to movie.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It was fun and that's exactly what I was looking for!! Glad you guys had fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I absolutely loved Jurassic World - especially the scenes in which they paid homage to the first one (so many memories when the brothers stumbled upon the remains of the old lab!). Truly, Chris Pratt is a phenomenal actor - I'm so glad they were able to bring him in for this one. He really made the film for me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aah, I love dinosaurs, so am definitely going to be watching this one!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like the nods to the first Jurassic Park. I also like this movie pretended like 2 and 3 never happened. I have no idea where the next movie will go... I am hoping it doesn't turn out like the other sequels.

    ReplyDelete