Sunday, November 18, 2012

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by JK Rowling-Review


As some of you may have noticed I haven't posted anything in a while.  My dad was in a terrible motorcycle accident so I am in the hospital with him.  We have been on a roller coaster ride. I would like to take a moment before I go into my review to remind all of you who ride a motorcycle to wear a helmet at ALL times.  It saved my dad's life.  We have a journey to go through but he is here.  

Since I had to leave home fast and am now in Utah I had to leave all my library books behind.  I have had so much going on that I just can't read any crazy serious books.  So at first I would play Angry Birds everyday... and then I finally started to relax.  I looked around my mom's house who has plenty of books and decided why not give Harry Potter a re-read.  Those books bring me so much joy and I don't think I've read them since book 7 came out.  

Here is the goodreads description:
Harry Potter thinks he is an ordinary boy - until he is rescued by an owl, taken to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, learns to play Quidditch and does battle in a deadly duel. The Reason ...

HARRY POTTER IS A WIZARD!

Well that was a short description.  Guess they figure everyone has read the books.  I love to re-read the books.  Though I do find myself picturing a lot of the story from the movies.  Usually I compare a book to the movies but I guess I have seen these movies so often that I find that I am comparing the movie to the book.  Meaning typically I am like "that's not how it happened in the book"  and now I am like "that's not how it happened in the movie".  hahah!

I am really excited about this re-read.  I have only read book 7 once so I am looking forward to getting through them.  I have actually been to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando and it was amazing.  If you are a Harry Potter fan then you do not want to miss this park!!  They did such a good job of making you feel like you are really in their world.


Well I will be reviewing the next Potter books.  Thanks for those of you who have been hanging around.  Once dad is home from the hospital and things calm down I should be back onto reading everything!

Here are my reviews of the other books:

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
 Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

The crystal ball says:
Sun is shinning!!!  Great day to go outside and read this book.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your dad - hope he will be OK. Harry Potter is probably just what you need to take your mind off it. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about your father. I hope he mends quickly as possible.

    I have been to WW of HP. It was awesome. The only quip I have is that the physical space needs to be bigger. I went in January (off season) and there was barely any room for all of the people there. The Forbidden Journey of HP was an amazing ride. I've never been on a ride like that. And I loved the cool butterbeer.

    Have fun re-reading HP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One year I will reread these books, they are already like old friends.

    ReplyDelete