Sunday, January 6, 2013

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by JK Rowling-Review



Making progress in my re-read of Harry Potter!  Just finished book 4.  Here is the goodreads description of the book:

The summer holidays are dragging on and Harry Potter can't wait for the start of the school year. It is his fourth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and there are spells to be learnt, potions to be brewed and Divination lessons (sigh) to be attended. Harry is expecting these: however, other quite unexpected events are already on the march...

Well I am on my way...almost done with the series. I plan on reading the next three books this week! I am doing the Bout of Books read-a-thon this coming week so it is going to be perfect to finish the series.  Right now in my house we are also doing our annual Harry Potter Marathon!  We have a home theater so it is a lot of fun.  Though we did make some Over Sized Blueberry muffins from the Unoffical Harry Potter Cookbook and they turned out crazy!!  We try to make things that go along with Harry Potter during the marathon and this is what we chose this time.  Here is the recipe .  And here are some pictures:



The muffins tasted ok... but I think there were just way too many blueberries!!!

Anyways... back to book 4 right?  This is my most favorite movie and book.  I just love the new schools and the dance.  I love it all.  I find that this is the last book where the Potter crew are just kids. After this book I feel like their childhood is just gone.  I also really love the house elves in this one too!!

I just also bought the books in paperback AND in ebooks.  My husband and I have always read our hardbacks and they are just falling apart.  The ebooks were actaully quite cheap too!! About $55.. finally an ebook that isn't screwing us over in price!



Here are my reviews on the other books,

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter and the Socerer's Stone


The crystal ball says:

Sun is shinning!!!  Great day to go outside and read this book.


4 comments:

  1. I love all the Harry Potter books, and I agree that this is the last one before the HP crew lose their innocence. The books get much darker. I think they needed to, but it is kind of sad.

    My favorite HP, though is HP3. It's my favorite movie and book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this book, I do think it's one of my favorites of the series. I really want one of those muffins now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha oh my god. I love that you tried the food!! That's awesome.
    I can see you're cleaaaarly a HP lover too, you should totally join the meme. Next weeks theme is going to be favourite Hogwarts house :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is only the second time I'm reading it. I've been looking forward to re-reading it for a long time, though, because I loved Krum so much. :)

    ReplyDelete