Monday, December 10, 2012

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by JK Rowling-Review

On my way through my re-read of Harry Potter!!  Just finished book 3 and loved it.  Here is the goodreads description:

Harry Potter is lucky to reach the age of thirteen, since he has already survived the murderous attacks of the feared Dark Lord on more than one occasion. But his hopes for a quiet term concentrating on Quidditch are dashed when a maniacal mass-murderer escapes from Azkaban, pursued by the soul-sucking Dementors who guard the prison. It's assumed that Hogwarts is the safest place for Harry to be. But is it a coincidence that he can feel eyes watching him in the dark, and should he be taking Professor Trelawney's ghoulish predictions seriously?


Great book... I feel that the movie really covered this book well. This is one of the books where I wish I was reading it for the first time again and didn't know about Sirius or the Time Turner. I had forgotten how much Crookshanks was in this book.  That cat plays a huge part. I can't believe this book came out in 1998!!  I don't think there was much Potter craze yet.

One thing I like about this book is getting to know some of the Order.  Snape... whom Sirius tried to kill, reveals to us why he hates James Potter and his friends.  I can't believe they were going to send him straight to a werewolf.  And sad that nothing was really done to punish them in school for it.  So I would be mad to if I was Snape.

This book is when the books finally start getting long!!  I wish the first two books were long.  I often wonder if Rowling had been published sooner and not turned away so many times from publishers if the first two books would've been longer.

Here are my reviews of the other books in the series:

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

The crystal ball says:

Sun is shinning!!!  Great day to go outside and read this book.



5 comments:

  1. This is my favorite HP book. I know exactly what you mean, about being about to read it again for the first time. I can still remember how I felt at the end, and the surprises. This is what hooked me on HP.

    I also think this movie is my favorite of all the HP movies, even though a lot of stuff was left out of the movie. I loved all the forshadowing to the whomping willow with the changes of the seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sirius is one of my favorite characters from the series. I know what you mean when you wish you didn't already know what happens to certain characters during a reread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this series! LOVE LOVE LOVE :) You've inspired me to re-read them now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these series, I have read them over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my favorite book in the series. It's the first that not only is longer, but also doesn't feel juvenile. And I was so surprised the first time I read it.

    ReplyDelete