Monday, August 13, 2012

Bout of Book 5.0 Mini Challenges for Day 1

I'm participating in the Bout of Books read-a-thon going on now. For more info, go to their website here. For Day 1, there are two fun mini challenges. Make sure to check them out.


Mini Challenge #1: Literary BFF


This challenge is hosted by Auggie Talk and the point is to talk about your favorite literary character that could be your best friend. It's all about who you love to hang out with!

I would love to hang out with Stephanie Plum from the Plum series by Janet Evanovich!  I just love her and think it would so fun to hang out with her!!!  She is so funny and just a carefree girl.  I just want to be there one time when one of her cars blow up!!   It would be so cool!!!  Plus I just want to meet Ranger and Morelli which are the two guys in her life who both are SEXY!!



Here’s a basic difference between Morelli and Me. My first thought was always of cake. His first thought was always of sex. Don’t get me wrong. I like sex… a lot. But it’s never going to replace cake.
Stephanie Plum, Eleven on Top by Janet Evanovich 


Mini Challenge #2 : Where do your books go? 

This challenge is hosted by Reading in Texas and The Space Between to find out where your read books go. They also tell us about a cool website to track where your books go after you are done!!

My answer to this might be boring to everyone.  Almost all the books I read go back to the library.  I go to the Pikes Peak Library District in Colorado Springs, CO and just love it. I just can't afford to buy all the books I read.   Every book for my read-a-thon is from the library.  I don't know how the library would feel about the BookCrossing Labels on them?  But I might do it anyways.  I just saw though that the labels do cost money so I will probably end up printing my own at home.  It is cool to find this site!!  I always wonder where books go!!   And for those that have no idea what I am talking about here is the website to :BookCrossing.com


Are you guys participating in bout of books?  Did you do the mini challenges?

4 comments:

  1. I would totally want Stephanie as my BFF too, you just never know what trouble she will be in next! I'm not sure if the Library would appreciate BC labels in their books, but I've often thought it would be a good idea if they were okay with it, just think how many people it would visit! Thanks for stopping by to take our challenge, enjoy the read-a-thon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I would like to donate to libraries and I tried several times but all my books are in english and I live in France so they don't want books in english... And none of my friends are reading in english too... That's why i'm selling them !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've looked at BookCrossing before but I've never signed up. I think it's because all the books I like I want to keep, and the books I don't I don't want to pass on to anybody else!

    It would be awesome to put a BC label in a library book! You could always just stick it to the inside cover with a post-it or something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just talking about the One for the Money series because I want to see that movie. Maybe I'll read the series after. That's a lot of books though lol. Good Luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete