Monday, August 13, 2012

The 39 Clues: Operation Trinity by Clifford Riley Review



I love love this series.  Apparently this is another side series to the series (yes I know that sounded crazy!)  Here is the goodreads description:

For 500 years, the Cahills have been the most powerful family in the world. For 500 years, they've protected the source of their power - the 39 Clues. And for 500 years, they've kept their secrets silent. Until now. This extraordinary stand-alone novel cracks open the Cahill vault to tell the story of the most coveted piece of artwork in the world, a masterpiece that has been the target of seven separate theft attempts: Jan van Eyck’s altarpiece at Ghent. OPERATION TRINITY chronicles the first Vesper attack on the altarpiece in the 1600s, then jumps to WWII and young Grace Cahill’s desperate bid to save the masterwork from the Nazis. The final piece of the novel tells the story of Ian and Natalie Kabra’s first solo operation and features an 11th hour appearance by Grace Cahill on her final mission. History will never be the same.

 So I finished this book today as a part of my read-a-thon this week.  Turned out to be quite a short book. 
Notice above in the goodreads description it says this is a stand alone novel. I disagree.  I feel like you might get what's going on, but you really should'nt read this unless you have actually read the 39 Clues series. I didn't even know this book existed until I was looking through the new orders from my library and saw it.  Then I found out that there are four "Cahill File"  books and they are all already out so I am behind.  For those of you who don't know this is a book series where each book is written by a different author.  I love that concept which is why I picked up these books to begin with.   I think there are 3 books published a year which is neat because it keeps you involved in the mystery and adventures and you really don't forget much in between each book.

This book is short though maybe like 130 pages... wish it was a little longer!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment