Thursday, May 9, 2013

Bout of Books 7.0 Goals and Updates


Bout of Books


I am going to participate again in this read-a-thon!  I really need to get caught up on some books andwhen I saw others participating in it I knew it was perfect for me.  It starts on the 13th!

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 13th and runs through Sunday, May 19th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 6.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog.


Don't forget to use the #boutofbooks hashtag when updating on Twitter and follow boutofbooks.
I will be updating my progress here on my webpage and on my my twitter page. 
I will only be updating to this page so check back here. I also will be doing my challenges on this link so scroll down to the bottom to see them!

Time Devoted to Reading

I will be reading 2 hours a day/during the week/ not exactly sure how much reading I will get in on the weekend... but hopefully a lot!

My Goals:
I would like to read 3 books.  I am in the middle of a Harry Potter re-read and really would like to get it done this week finally.  I have 1 book left. NOS4A2 is a long book... so I may only get Harry Potter done and this one.  I might get to Reached... hoping to.
I would like to participate in a twitter chat.  I participated in one last time around and it was a lot of fun and a GREAT place to get advice from other people.   





Updates

Monday
Number of books I've read today: 0
 Name of book:Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Total number of books I've read: 0
Number of hours read:  3 hours!!
What else I did: Today was busy.. I waxed my car... did a whole bunch of yard work.  So I didn't start reading until about 530 PM.  But I am getting pretty far in the book!  Harry Potter re-reading is almost complete!

Tuesday

Number of books I've read today: 0
Total number of books I've read: 0
Name of Book:  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
 Number of Hours I've read: 0
 What else I did: Today I did not get any reading in.  I would've but I planned a Halo video game night with a good friend who lost her spouse last month.  This was the first time she wanted to get back into gaming since then.  So I spent about 4 1/2 hours playing with her.  I feel good about this.. so missing some reading is OK in my book!  Tomorrow will be better for reading!


Wednesday

Number of books I've read today: 0
 Total number of books I've read: 0
 Books: 0
Number of Hours I've Read: 0
What else I did:   I worked in the yard all day.. and then had to stand in line for Star Trek the new movie.  I thought I would read in line.. but yea right!

Thursday

Number of books I've read today: 1
Total number of books I've read: 1
 Books:The Frog Princess by E.D Baker
Number of Hours I've Read:3
What else I did: Can you believe it.. I read a book.  214 pages.  I had to squeeze this one in because tomorrow is my Project Disney post about The Princess and the Frog.  This book just came in today so I was forced to read it!!  Be on the look out for my post tomorrow.

Friday

Number of books I've read today: 0
Total number of books I've read: 1
Books: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Number of Hours I've Read: 1
What else I did:  Today I was busy and then I finally went to see Iron Man 3.. so my reading time wasn't all that great.  :(

Saturday

Number of books I've read today:
Total number of books I've read:
Books:
Number of Hours I Read: 
What else I did:

Sunday

Number of books I've read today:
Total number of books I've read:
Books:
Number of hours I read: 
What else I did:


Challenges:
Challenge 1:
Book Spine Poetry hosted by Escape Through the PagesMake a Book Spine Poetry Poem.  Well I suck at poetry and I mean big time!!  
so here is what I came up with:

It says... The Historian is Missing... BLOOD! Said the Cat.... The Gunslinger only found Shadow and Bone.  Yea I had to add words to make it make sense!!!  I don't have a large collection of books because I get most books from the library.  And the two in the middle are OLD books from when I was in middle school and my mom would buy me Fear Street books.  They had the most interesting titles to use.  This was so much fun!!


Challenge 2:
Book to Music hosted by Medusa's Library

Do I have any books tied to music?  Well this is a good one.  I have to think.  I don't normally think of music to books. Unless the book has music mentioned in it.  So I guess I will go with those...
I recently read Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell.. which of course takes place in the 80s.  So that made me think of Rock Of Ages (the broadway show.. the movie was so-so... but Tom Cruise was hot...) Ok back on subject...

So Eleanor and Park + the 80s + Rock of Ages =



   +    
MEANS Some Journey!! I love Steve Perry!!









Challenge 3:
Alternate Titles hosted by The Book Barbies

I have never really loved the title for the Harry Potter book I am reading.. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.  I don't know why.   It's just I feel like the book was more then that.  Harry Potter and He Who Must Not Be Named.  That should've been the name of at least one of the books I think... I used to have this poster long before the movies came out that said "He Who Must Not Be Named".  I must've thrown it out years ago.

Challenge 4:
Create a Cover hosted by I Talk Books!
 GAW!  Didn't get to this one

Challenge 5:

Acrostic Poem hosted by Harley Bear Book Blog



Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler is what I am going to pick.  This book made me obsessed with cupcakes! 
Blueberry Cupcakes
 Iceing
 Taste the frosting

 To the cupcake shop
 Every day a new flavor
 Raisins on top please
 Sweet tasting
 Waist getting larger
 Eat them all
 Every flavor
 Thankful for napkins

Challenge #6
Personify a Book hosted by Kimberly Erskine

Wow... well let me think... I am going to pick Superman comics... yes all Superman comics!!  Superman is my husband Eddie.  He is amazing.





















Superman and my husband are brave and kind-hearted hero with a strong sense of justice, morality, and righteousness.  I believe that my husband really tries to help others without question.  His integrity drives me nuts sometimes.  He refuses to be a bad person and we need more of him in this world.  Here we are!!





96 comments:

  1. Hey Angie! I loved HP it was a great book. Good luck on your goals. I'll be back to check on you. Gooooo!!! ANGIEE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your list looks great! I seriously need to find time to reread Harry Potter. I read them with my daughter when they first came out and haven't since. So sad!

    NOS4A2 is such a neat cover? I'm suspecting vampires!! Going to check Goodreads for that one NOW! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Making time for a re-read can be hard.. especially when our TBR piles are so huge!!

      Delete
  3. I'm off to check out NOS4A2 now. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reasonable goals for sure!
    Wishing you luck and even more... FUN with Bout of Books!
    Thanks for dropping by my blog and commenting on my goals for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to support everyone and see how everyone is going. Bout of Books is fun!!

      Delete
  5. I want to get my hands on NOS4A2 also. I need to see if i cant find it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to post my review.. well once I read the book. Most reviews I have seen are good.. a couple bad ones.

      Delete
  6. I still need to read Reached. Hmmm...maybe I will substitute it for one of my other books.

    Good luck with your goals!

    Ems

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to read it too.. I love when I finish a series. I feel so accomplished! hahaha!

      Delete
  7. Hey!! Good luck :) Can't wait to see how we do this week. I'm hoping to do a twitter chat too. Great choice in books for the read a thon. I think the Matched series has the most BEAUTIFUL cover art! I bought the books purely based on that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cover art too!!! It also inspired me to read the series. So creative!!

      Delete
  8. Wow you've got a great collection of books to read! I've only read the first 4 Harry Potter books. i just havent felt like finishing the series yet. But maybe someday. :) hope you have an amazing Read-A-Thon!!!

    - Behind The White Picket Fence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I AM SHOCKED you didn't finish the series. I don't even know how that is possible!!! Of course now that the movies are out I guess you can just watch those!

      Delete
  9. I read NOS4A2 last week - it was a long book, but fun all the way. My review will be online later today.

    Have a good time with the read-a-thon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck your reading goals Angie! And I hope you have a lot of fun with the read-athon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been re-reading the Harry Potter books as well, but still have to get to 5, 6 and 7! I also need to get to Reached, I have no clue why I haven't yet. Thanks for stopping by the blog, I followed you via GFc and Bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard to get all these books in. I thought I was going to have way more time to read but I have so many chores this week! So I am getting up extra early to get these things done so I can READ!

      Delete
  12. Re-reading books is always fun, especially if it is a series you've loved.

    Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am going to circle back by your blog next week to see how you like NOS4A2. I have been seeing that book everywhere. Good book? Good marketing? Or both?

    Best of luck with the read-a-thon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read it... I really like the book Horns by Joe Hill so I am hoping this one is just as good.

      Delete
  14. I still need to read Reached too. Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good book choices. That reminds me I need to go pick up NOS4A2. Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are three huge books! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they are... WHY did I pick such long books!!!

      Delete
  17. Good luck with your goals! I'd love to do a Harry Potter re-read some time soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited to get this re-read done!! One more book!!!

      Delete
  18. I keep meaning to reread the Harry Potter series again, it hasn't happened yet....

    It looks like you've got some great goals! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL... I know how you feel. I kept putting this re-read off forever!!

      Delete
  19. Two hours a day is a great commitment, I find I need to do that when I'm reading long books. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to read about 2 hours. I normally read about 100 pages a day so I was thinking 2 hours MIGHT get me 200 pages a day? We'll see!

      Delete
  20. Awesome, I love re-reading HP, I definitely need one :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  21. YAYY for HP! I thought about re-reading it as well. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I am sure once I re-read it I won't read it again for like 5 years!!

      Delete
  22. Harry Potter re-reads are the best. I haven't done one for a while now. Though I did just re-read my favorite chapter: The Forest Again. *sigh* It's perfection. Good luck with your reading goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so fun to talk to everyone and discuss their love of Potter!!

      Delete
  23. A Harry Potter reread! I've been meaning to do one of those! (And Deathly Hallows is actually one of my favorites in the entire series.) Looks like you're making excellent progress! Good luck with all of your books, and have a blast! Happy reading! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember when the books first came out. I used to read them in one day.. no read-a-thon needed! hahahah!!

      Delete
  24. Good goals! I think that read-a-thons are great as long as you focus on reading more than usual in a day. And this weeklong Bout of Books is really good bc I don't feel so pressured all the time, you know?

    BTW I love SK. . . he's just so good! Well, and HP of course. Another amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love SK too.. his son Joe Hill wrote one of the books I am supposed to read for the read a thon... Hopefully I get to it!

      Delete
  25. I do like your spine poem, even with a limited amount of books you made something nice.

    Monday wasn't a good reading day for me, either. Oh well, a lot more days to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tonight is going to be a better reading night for me. So I am blog hopping now!

      Delete
  26. Awesome poem :D I hope you get to finish your HP re-read, that is such a good idea, but I'm afraid I'll lose my childhood nostalgia, haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could read the HP books for the first time again. Wouldn't that be amazing?

      Delete
  27. Love your poem! They're so much fun aren't they? :-) Hope you're enjoying the read-a-thon and best of luck with your goals! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The really are fun... the next one I do though I'll hopefully have bought some new books!

      Delete
  28. I absolutely LOVE your poem! And <3 that used The Historian (<333 that book) and a SK book :D

    Eleanor and Park + Rock of Ages - LOL
    btw, I love Journey too!!

    Oh, I really "enjoyed" Heart-Shaped Box, and NOS4A2 is on my wish list. I hope you're enjoying it! :) Good luck and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Historian is wonderful... it has been many years since I read it but it's wonderful. I probably need a re-read on that book!!

      Delete
    2. I loved the The Historian! And I read it years ago too :)

      And ❤ your Bittersweet poem - so sweet!

      Delete
  29. Don't say you aren't a poet! :) Your poem is great, I loved it :)
    Good Luck with your read- a- thon goals! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks... I guess I am a poet and didn't know it. OK corny I know!!! :)

      Delete
  30. I hope you enjoy N0S4A2! The publisher sent out these gingerbread scented air fresheners as promos for it (it'll make sense when you read it). I've been keeping mine in my bag, but I'm a little worried that every time I sniff it Joe Hill gets a piece of my soul.
    Thanks for playing along in my soundtrack challenge. I haven't seen Rock of Ages, but you're right... Tom Cruise is way hot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY GOD... We must talk. It is late.. I will be messaging you tomorrow about these gingerbreads and how in the world you got your hands on them! So JEALOUS!

      Delete
  31. Oh yay! I should reread all the Harry Potter books some time.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks for stopping by! You can't go wrong with Harry Potter, and I'm definitely interested in the other two. Have a great week and enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Yes, that would have been a great name for one of the Harry Potter books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea.. I just feel that Voldermort should've been mentioned in at least one of the titles!!

      Delete
  34. Harry Potter! Wow, really wanting to read it again now! Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... as the weekend gets closer I realize how behind I am!!

      Delete
  35. HP & He Who Must Not Be Named - good one :) I love your poem, too. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah!! I know right.. that should've been a Potter book title for sure!!

      Delete
  36. Great goals and I'm loving your Challenge answers :D

    My BoB updates.

    ReplyDelete
  37. LOL I love the renaming of the Harry Potter novel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL... I mean Voldermort should've got some credit in one of the titles!!

      Delete
  38. I haven't read any of the Harry Potter books yet. I know. I know. Perhaps I'll start the series with the next Bout of Books.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Ahhh, how I love re-reading Harry Potter <3

    ReplyDelete
  40. I'm so glad your blog has a Journey song. That song should be listened to every day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should play everywhere I go.. like my own personal theme music!!

      Delete
  41. Your acrostic poem makes me want cupcakes so bad! haha except for the waist getting bigger line lol. Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love your acrostic poem. And what you wrote about your husband made me go awwwwww. Happy reading for the rest of the readathon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea.. he's pretty cool!!! :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  43. Now I'm so hungry! xD cupcakes of this world, please come to me.

    Angie, that's such a beautiful picture, and your reply made my eyes water. Love it. :')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will have to check out your local cupcake store. There are some all over now. I have one I go to every two weeks and pick myself up some treats~

      Delete
  44. Aww, your 'Personify a Book' response is adorable! :-D Your husband sounds like an amazing guy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He actually is... sometimes when I am with him I am like.. damn, I might be evil!

      Delete
  45. I love the acrostic poem! But for some reason I'm wanting cupcakes now... hmmm... lol Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YUMMMMM I just had some yesterday from a cupcake shop here... which is what inspired me to write that poem!

      Delete
  46. It's always such a relief to fiish that first book on a readathon. I always wish it started at the weekend so I didn't feel so behind all week. Just have to keep reminding myself not everyone is at work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just keep reminding myself.. the weekend is coming .. the weekend is coming!!! haha!

      Delete
  47. Wonderful tribute to your husband! This is my first time doing a read-a-thon and hosting a challenge as well, so I appreciate your willingness to share. My husband just finished his contract with the Marine Corps and I'm currently in the Air Force, so I know how military relationships can be. Thanks again for participating :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... and thanks for hosting. I thought it was neat and to think outside of the box. I sent this over to my husband.. though he didn't reply yet! Good for you guys serving your country. What an honor for you. I myself have been a military brat my whole life. I didn't join though because I am not the type of person who can handle that lifestyle. Bravo to you and thanks for your service!

      Delete
  48. I love your acrostic poem! Too cool! How'd you do overall? I didn't even post my day 6 and 7 updates - totally forgot!! :P I wish cupcakes didn't go straight to the waist, but somehow they do, lol. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! :D

    ReplyDelete