Thursday, August 23, 2012

Follow Me Friday (#43)




Wow is it really my Follow Me Friday post #40!!!  Time has flown! This is the day of the week where we get to know each other better by answering a question devised by our lovely hostesses Parajunkee & Alisoncanread. We also gain new followers by joining each other's sites via GFC, so please let me know if you're a new follower. And now for this week's question....
 
Q.  Worst Cover? What is the worst cover of a book that you've read and loved?
 
A.  I read the Dark Sword Trilogy by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman which turned out to be a really good fantasy series.  A friend gave them to me and when I looked at the covers that are from like the 70s early 80s I didn't even want to read them!  But since they were from a friend and that friend kept hitting me up if I had read them I finally picked them up. The picture on my About Me page shows me with one of the books!! 

 What book cover do you have that was horrible but a great book?

10 comments:

  1. Hi Angie! I just followed you, this is my first time doing the blog hop so I've just been stopping by other blogs. I've heard of that series a few times. I probably wouldn't have read them if I saw just the covers but since you liked them I might have to check them out :)
    Here's my #FF
    Have a great day!

    ~Kaitlyn @Books and Bandanas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your first follow friday!!! How fun!!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I think the older books definitely have yukky covers, my sister leant me some books by Robin Hobb that she has had for years, and they were aweful covers, but great reads.

    Here's My FF!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace
    New Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it funny... have you ever seen the first covers for Vampire Diaries? Hilarious!

      Delete
  3. Good Choices **Old Follower**

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah they are retro! But I sometimes like the retro covers! I adore my L.J. Smith retro ones! I have the first Vampire Diaries covers and the first Forbidden Game trilogy compilation set! And even a Night World book!

    They're odd, since they are 90s, but still they have some sort of spunk to them that I like! I wouldn't ever get rid of them!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG!! How funny! I just mentioned the Vampire Diaries in my reply above!

      Delete
  5. I love that author team, their DragonLance covers were very pretty - I don't know what happened here. But, Fantasy covers can lean to the cheese ball very easily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by... and for helping me out with my blog layout!

      Delete
  6. New GFC follower

    My FF - http://bookbloggermom.blogspot.com/2012/08/feature-and-follow-friday-3.html

    ReplyDelete