Thursday, September 26, 2013

Stephen King Book Event


I am so excited... last night I got to attend the Stephen King Doctor Sleep event in Boulder Colorado.  It took place at the Chautauqua theater. For those that don't know this is where the whole journey started for the Shining/Doctor Sleep.  So of course King had to come back here.  If you have read the Stand this theater is where the good guys first meet up when they come to Boulder.

 I have loved King for so long.  In fact.. in case you don't know I am the moderator for the Stephen King Fan group on goodreads. Thanks to my mom for introducing me to his books.  I wish I would've had better pictures of King but I have an iPhone and the pictures on Apple phones have always been crap.  I saw everyone around me who had HTC phones taking excellent pics!  Sigh....


Uncle Steve (which is how his readers refer to him) was so fun to listen to.  He read two passages from his book and then answered some questions at the end (which the moderator read to him).   At the end of the program everyone received a copy of Doctor Sleep.  Out of the 1300 books given out there were 250 autographed copies randomly given out.  My mom actually got one!!  We couldn't believe it!


I did get a little tiny video of King when he came out... again the iPhone doesn't have the best camera!



Going to see King was a chance of a lifetime. I really really had a lot of fun. I met a couple King fans in the lines too and that was a lot of fun. We sat in line for 6 hours to get to sit in the second row and it was well worth it. I even wore my awesome Constant Reader shirt!



Be on the look our for my review of Doctor Sleep!!  

 

21 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, how lucky! He's my favorite author, I probably would have died happy if I went! lol
    Megan @ Books i View

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't sure if I was going to pass out! But I made it!

      Delete
  2. SO SO SO SO cool. Thanks for sharing too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous. This sounds like an awesome oportunity. I bet it cost a good bit to go to it, especially if they gave you a copy of the book. Sounds like you had a blast.

    I've got my copy of Doctor Sleep but haven't started yet. I cot an ARC of my favorite author's new book that I started before DS arrived. Can't wait for your review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually... it was only $40 !! What a deal! It does usually cost a lot more to see him.

      Delete
  4. Congrats that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really cool. I've actually never been to any kind of author event, let alone someone like Stephen King!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! One of my bucket list items is to see Stephen King and get a signed book. It's just so hard to find one AND actually get to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know... I was a little bummed he didn't sign each book. But then I thought about it... I would much rather hear him speak then stand in line for 2 hours to get it signed. Good luck.. hope you see him someday!

      Delete
  7. That's so awesome! I really want to get his book soon and I love your fangs!

    -leigh

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's awesome, sounds like a great event! It's so disappointing when you meet a favourite author/musician in person and they're not exactly the friendliest, glad to hear that wasn't the case with "Uncle Steve"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was great! I mean we were all laughing and he was pretty modest even thought the crowd was acting like he was a rock star. Which to me, he is!

      Delete
  9. Awesome! I'm glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So absolutely awesome!! And even more awesome that your mom introduced you to his books. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds like it was so fabulous. What a great event!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm STILL so mad that I missed this. I can't believe how fast the tickets sold out and I'm kicking myself 7 months later...

    ReplyDelete
  13. My dad actually got the tickets for me!! I happen to not be at the computer at the time so he actually went on and bought them for me. Later they were going for up to $300 a piece! I would never sell mine though!

    ReplyDelete