The Broke and the Bookish! This week's topic is Top Ten Bookish Things/People I am thankful for (I picked nine).
I don't always participate in Top Ten Tuesday.. by the time I remember it's already Tuesday and I know people don't usually visit the meme once that day is almost over. This TTT is one I like reading responses for so I thought I would go ahead and participate.
1. Bookish ways to connect online. This includes blogging, and goodreads. Prior to both of these I didn't have a way to share my love of books with people. I remember when I first started blogging it took me a while to get going because I kept trying to get my husband to help me build a website and he never did. Finally I just started doing research and learned all of this on my own. It is one of the reasons I went with blogger. While doing research everyone said it was the easier platform.
2. My library. If it weren't for my library I couldn't read like I do. There is NO WAY I could buy all the books/comics/video games/movies I enjoy so much that you see at this blog. Honestly I don't know how a lot of you buy everything! I love my library so much and use it so often I go there once a week to turn in and pick up the new books. I was so nervous the first time I went into the library.. not sure what to do or where to start. Now I have everything figured out!
3. My mom. If it weren't for my mom I wouldn't be a reader. She always kept me reading. My parents bought me a ton of Fear Street books (which by the way RL Stine is going to start writing again Sept 2014) and then she also introduced me to Stephen King my all time favorite writer. Thanks mom!! I love that my sister and husband read too! My dad... not so much. But we enjoy other things like football.
4. My cats. For those of you that read my blog know I have two wonderful kitties that I have now had for ten years. They are my world. I hate that they are getting old. Both cats have diabetes and I manage it the best way I can to keep them here with me.
5. Project Disney: I love love this project. It is where I watch a Disney movie and read the source material and then compare the two. The project was created over at Picture Me Reading and honestly it is the most fun I have on my blog. Probably because I am mixing reading and Disney, two of my favorite things. I appreciate Aidan and Alisa letting me join in with them. I have watched a couple Disney movies I haven't seen in years. Really it is one of the things that keeps me blogging!
6. Books! How can I not be thankful for books. I spend a lot of nights with books. I love it so much! I love to make every book a surprise. I never read the cover or even try to know what the book is about. I just want to open it and be blown away.
7. Family. I don't have a lot of friends in my life. I have found as I have become older that it is harder to meet new people and make new friends. I have grown apart from the friends I had when I was younger. Our lives and priorities have changed. So I find now more then ever family is so important. I think there is a transition in life from when say you are a teen and friends are everything to when you get older and family is everything. They never leave or stop supporting you no matter what the issues are. Love them so much!
8. Health. If you read my post: If We Were Having Coffee then you have already read this so forgive me if you are reading this again. I would tell you that I was recently diagnosed with Melanoma. We
caught it early but it was still terrifying. I want to let you know to
get your moles checked whether they look crazy or not. My mole was
pretty normal looking and not that large. I had it check out for a few
years going in for my physical and only this last time did my doctor
decide to remove it. PLEASE use sun screen and do not use a tanning
bed. I used one a few times in high school and college and regret every
second of wanting to look tan. I wish I would've felt beautiful in my
skin color. I would like to add that I have noticed that my friends and family I don't think really how close I came to having a terrible illness and shrug it off. It is serious. Get checked.
9. You. Maybe this is corny because you have seen it on everyone's Top Ten Tuesday this week. As a blogger I appreciate having people follow. I want to write things people are interested in... or that they can learn something from. Maybe introduce you to something I love so you love it too. Or even to something I don't like so you can avoid it. Thank you for following me and joining in my little crazy blog!