Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - TV Shows



It’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the wonderful blog at The Broke and the Bookish! This week's topic is Top Ten TV Shows/Movies. For those that follow my blog you already know I love movies.  But I also really love TV.  I don't really talk about it on the blog though I have thrown around the idea to do it but just haven't yet.  So here is a list of some of my all time favorite TV shows.  I have decided to go way past the number of 10.  Sooooo here goes:







I love Smallville.  I wish that show was still on but it had a good run.  This is a show about Superman as a teen growing up.  Going to high school and college.  We got glimpses of other DC characters too.  In the pic above is The Flash, Green Arrow, Superman, Aquaman, and Cyborg. 


Gilmore Girls!!!  Oh I love this show so much.  It is just wonderful.  It is about a small town and a girl and her mom trying to build a life there.  It is just so smart though. I remember when I first watched it (on DVD) I didn't know if I would like it or not.  But I had discovered a goodreads group that was really all the books the daughter readers on the show and that's what got me to watch it. 


I miss this show so much. Sex and the City is the ultimate girl show.  I liked the first movie.. didn't like the second.  I wish they would've just left it at the show.. but the first movie I suppose did tie up some loose ends.  I just relate to these girls so much.  It's like.. they suck me in and make me want to hang out with their little click.  Plus fashion!!  I miss you Carrie. 


Game of Thrones.  Yes.. maybe everyone will have this on their list.  But it is pretty amazing for a fantasy show.  I read the books LONG before a show.  I never imagined there would be a show to be honest.  But there is, and it's done well.  I did read today that the series will continue on without the book material..


Big Bang Theory is another show that fits my personality.  I am kind of a geek.  I mean I am about to head to Comic Con San Diego soon and go and see this panel!! I love comic books and have superhero tee-shirts.  I play video games.. go wait in line all night for a movie.  This show is me (and my husband).




24 is another show I adore! I used to watch it when it first came on.  WAY back before DVR, and there was no missing it.  I love the unique way the entire show actually takes place over an hour.  There is even a clock timing down. So you are literally watching the show for 24 hours in the life of Jack Bauer.  Very clever.



 
Once Upon a Time is another show that stands out to me.  I love fairytale retellings, I always have.  So when this first came out I was totally in.  I love to see all the different fairytale characters in the present and as their fairytale selves in fairytale land.  I was sad to see the spin off in Wonderland didn't do well.  I did watch that show.. even up until the last episode and it really just wasn't the same caliber as the original Once Upon A Time.



 Eureka!  OMG I miss this show so much.  It was so quirky.  I wish more people watched it.  It was about this silly scientific town that had a lot of fun adventures.  Plus the characters just made this show.  If you like a little scifi and fun in your life this one is for you and I suggest you check it out.  Netflix probably has it.  Go now! 


The Walking Dead is a very well put together show.  I just love it.  I already love all things Zombie, so when this show came out I was very very excited.  I think the characters are what really make this show.  I am attached to everyone!  I just love love love it.  Plus like everyone says, if Daryl dies we riot! 


Very very clever American Horror Story.. a new story every season?? WHAT!  Same actors?? WHAT!  This season is going to be about a Carnival.   I just like how they take these topics that are already a little creepy to us and make them something huge.  A haunted house, an insane asylum, witches and voodoo.  I love it!



This show is a great show for any comic book fan.  I know it is only about to be in season three but still.. Arrow is a great superhero show.  I have really really enjoyed it and just wanted to spread the word.  There will be a lot more hero stuff coming so if you haven't started watching and want to see more DC then here's your chance. 



A few years ago I checked out and watched all the seasons of the Cosby show and loved it.  As kids my family would gather around the TV in the evenings and watch.  What a great feel good show.  Just all about family and the good times they have.  I will always have fond memories of the Cosbys.  



Here is the LAST one.  My husband said I could not have a list without including MacGyver.  He said.. one of the great TV shows.  I am like.. well it is fun to watch.. but great??? LOL so this one here is for my husband! 

What's on your list????



59 comments:

  1. Jessica @ a GREAT readJuly 15, 2014 at 3:44 PM

    OOOh nice! I LOVE TBT and OUaT! I never watched Smallville but feel like I need to one day. And I tried Arrow but I think I was a bit distracted when trying to watch it. Those are two I need to try out again because I do love comic book movies and TV shows despite never reading the actual comic books!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like Once Upon A Time as well! Fairy tale retellings are just awesome! And I love the cast of characters they have. When Once Upon A Time in Wonderland first aired, I didn't even bother with it. I don't know, it just didn't really sound that appealing and wasn't necessary to me. And 24 sounds really cool! I don't think I've ever heard of it before this post but I had to give it a Google because the way you explained it just sounded really awesome! I might have to add that to my to-watch list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Once Upon A Time and Arrow. Not sure they would be top ten though. I need to think on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I used to watch MacGyver back in the day! Not all the time, but when I could catch it. And The Cosby Show, though I saw that mostly in re-runs. I need to try Once Upon a Time and The Gilmore Girls, and maybe Big Bang Theory. But I never seem to have much time for TV, and I'd usually rather read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to try out Eureka and Arrow if I ever get time. I just usually have to pick either tv or reading and I always go for the reading. I'll wait to watch Game of Thrones when I'm done reading the series which I put on hold til after he's done WRITING them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Arrow has really become good. I think last season was excellent and has really brought together the DC universe. There was a Birds of Prey episode, a Suicide Squad episode. I mean .. really just great great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. RYAN!! Hurry and come back and list your top ten! I want to know!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh 24 is fun to watch. The older episodes should be able to be found but there is a brand new season that is airing right now. I think there might even be a 24 movie but I really don't understand how that is going to work though.. since the show takes place in one hour. Sooo... not sure about that??? But we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah for Eureka. I was so sad when it got canceled.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL!! oh yeah... since I love TV and reading I am constantly trying to make time for both. It can be a nightmare. I am like.. ugh what will I do! Luckily my reality shows can be on in the background while I read since they don't really take too much attention.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I agree about GOT. I am a little opposite of you. I did stop reading the books. I refuse to read them till he takes writing them a little more seriously. But the show I will watch. Especially since now they are going to not really be based off the books anymore since they are flying ahead of the books.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cosby Show love!!! Such a great feel good show.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Big Bang Theory (actually looking at it right now!) Hubby watches Arrow and he loves it too. I used to watch both the Cosby Show and McGyver :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  14. MacGyver... I just I don't know. I tried to watch it a few times but it is so corny. But in a fun way. I should really try to give it another shot.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cosby Show! I loved that as a kid. I want to start watching Arrow.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the list! Big Bang Theory is on mine and I almost put Sex and the City on. And yeah for someone else who loved Smallville...Tom Welling is so cute. I got really behind on Arrow, but plan on catching up before the new season starts.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love these shows! Gilmore Girls is easily one of my all time FAVORITES ever. I have watched that show so many times. (I probably rewatch the entire series once a year.)
    And I really liked Smallville.
    I also love The Big Bang Theory, The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones. (All on my list.) Wonderful list!
    And thanks for stopping by my blog! :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really love The Cosby Show! They definitely would have made my list had I made it a little longer!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OOO I love Gilmore Girls and Once Upon a Time! I need to catch up on Once Upon a Time, though. Thanks for stopping by mine!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I definitely need to check out Gilmore Girls and Once Upon A Time. Great picks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I want to try Arrow and The Walking Dead!! Zombies...yesss, please. But I'm such a superhero fan (even though Marvel wins over DC) and I think I'd really enjoy Arrow. xD

    ReplyDelete
  22. I may save it for a blog post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wooo! Game of Thrones, Big Bang Theory, and The Walking Dead! Even though I've ended up hate watching TWD, I'm so invested in those characters, I want things to get good again so badly. Team Carol. lol

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ula @ Blog of ErisedJuly 16, 2014 at 12:45 PM

    I enjoyed GG and SATC but not so much I'd rewatch them all. I saw GG on TV mostly so I have yet to see all episodes.
    Arrow started to get a bit borring so I quit it despite the hotness factor being infinity... :X

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm not a big TV girl any more, but gosh, MacGyver, that takes me back! I remember coming home early from going to a disco in our local town (as it was called than disco, not night club etc) just so I could watch MacGyver. They did show it in Germany and it was dubbed into German. I probably wouldn't recognise the actor's real voice!

    ReplyDelete
  26. MacGyver!! It was my favorite show from around 20 years ago! Back then everyone I know would call the Swiss Army Knife a MacGyver Knife! He made it cool! I haven't seen it about the same time so won't know how the adult me would enjoy it now though!

    I don't get to watch TV much nowadays but Walking Dead is among the ones that I do. Used to loved The Big Bang Theory but am now a little behind.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Cosby Show is really amazing and I am glad I re-visited it as an adult. Honestly you can learn a lot from one Cosby episode.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sex and the City is just one of my all time favorite shows. Funny thing is I didn't actually watch it when the show was on HBO. I watched it in order on TBS. So I missed a lot of the cursing and sex and nudity. LOL! We just didn't have HBO at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gilmore Girls is just so fun. I love how heart warming it is. I always wonder if that show Heart of Winn Dixie is similar to it but I haven't given it a chance yet. One Tree Hill is another one I always wondered about too. I like those kinds of shows.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Seriously.. I just wanted to keep going with my list. I could've made like some sort of super duper long list!

    ReplyDelete
  31. GOT has a LOT of gore too. This last season had a scene that I just couldn't watch. I refused to look! I don't mind gore but some just goes too far. Though it was accurate to the books. I didn't realize the location Arendelle was going to be in season 4. I did know the Snow Queen was going to be in it .. well since of course she was shown.

    ReplyDelete
  32. WHOA WHOA.. DC tops Marvel any day. ;) Arrow is really good. I can't believe you haven't started watching Walking Dead yet Cait!!! You need to jump in before the new season starts.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I have seen this topic on your blog before.. where you talk about continuing a series because you get so invested. I feel the same way with True Blood. I am surprised though you feel that way with Walking Dead!! I have enjoyed it. Well the flu thing did last a little too long. It should've ended sooner but I guess they didn't have any other big story last season. But at least it's ended and we can move on.

    ReplyDelete
  34. We own all the seasons. We actually started watching the show after it had been out for a while. I think 7 or 8 seasons. So we would straight marathon them every night until we caught up. It was actually a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  35. LOL!! Oh yes.. that guy who plays Arrow is so cute. I have seen him in real life at a comic con and he was just sooo friendly. My husband even got his autograph.

    ReplyDelete
  36. MacGyver! I noticed he hasn't been getting a lot of love on anyone's lists. But he is fun to watch. Very cheesy. How neat that you remember coming home and watching it.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Eureka .. such good memories of that show! I love that even Wil Wheaton and Felisha Day jumped on board the show for a while. Soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I forgot about Eureka, I loved that show!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Haaa! Big high five for including MacGuyver. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I know right?? It was really good. I am hoping to see that lead guy in a new show soon. He does a small role in Haven right now.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oh, Gilmore Girls! Love that show so much. I really should binge watch that someday - it must be on Netflix.


    I love American Horror Story too, though none of the seasons have been as good as the first one. Above and beyond my favorite of the bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love the Big Bang Theory and Once Upon a Time is on my Netflix list. I haven't thought about MacGyver in ages! It was great! I should try to see if I can find it on somewhere. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  43. My least favorite season was.... well.. I guess the witches season. I thought at the beginning of that season it was like the season of awkward sex. Then finally we got past that. But that is the feelings I was getting on it.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I wonder if MacGyver is on Netflix?? I want to watch a couple of episodes too just to laugh and see how silly it is again.

    ReplyDelete
  45. TBT, OUaT, Arrow and GoT would definitely be on my list too. I started Walking Dead but wimped out in the long run because I just can't handle zombies. I also watched 24 when it first came on. What an action-packed show.

    ReplyDelete
  46. MacGyver! It's just so fun to see what he can make out of what he has on hand. :D

    ReplyDelete
  47. I was skeptical about The Walking Dead because I've never been into zombies. I actually only watched it because of Sarah Wayne Callies. I was in the Prison Break fandom and people from there were following her to TWD so I did too. To my surprise, I really liked it right away!


    I watched the first episode of Arrow when it aired and I couldn't get into it. I got a good deal on the first season last Black Friday so I bought it and I saw the first episode (again) last week. I don't love it (yet?), but it has potential.

    ReplyDelete
  48. How great that you love a lot of the same TV shows as me! I am about to go and find out what is on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  49. I would say continue in the series for Arrow. It does get good. Though there is a love triangle that is stupid. Walking Dead is just so good and I am glad you gave it a shot. My mom doesn't watch it because she doesn't like zombies but I think she would really like it too!

    ReplyDelete
  50. I know right! I makes me look around and see the things in my house differently.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Smallville I watched very briefly when it first aired, but I was quite young and it was CREEPY. My watching experience with that didn't last long, though I was surprised to hear that it was still going some time after that... though since it didn't go for all that long, I don't think, maybe it was reruns?


    Other than that, Magyver is the only show here I have watched, and I've actually been watching it recently! I think it's pretty great, hilarious and ridiculous but enjoyable and a fun thing to watch to relax or talk about plot-lines with family. My favourite show in that era, though, has to be Magnum P.I. I definitely think you need to watch it, Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Smallville lasted 10 seasons I think and that is a really long time for a show. This is why I get excited when a show gets picked up by the CW. They know their market and don't try to get these high viewing statistics. Just look at Supernatural about to go into season 10.



    I like feel good shows... from what I get from you from your blog and commenting back and forth I think you might really enjoy Gilmore Girls. It is such a feel good show and of course the main character reads!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  53. My sister used to watch that, but I never did! I'll see if my library has it, on your recommendation! Thank you, Angela! I'm very interested to see what I make of it. (:

    ReplyDelete
  54. Such a great list! I'm so glad you included Macgyver!! My brother and I used to fight over the tv and whether we'd watch Macgyver or ST:TNG. We both liked both shows, but still had our favorites.



    There's definitely a lot of similarities between Smallville and Arrow, though I confess to liking Arrow better. I liked Smallville well enough in the first few seasons - but then there's that major thing in s5 where... and I stopped then. I always wanted it to have more heft in the storylines and more of a continuous thread in the emotional relationships. Like in s1 Clark would ask Chloe to a dance and three episodes later be trying to figure out if she liked him or not - like everyone had forgotten everything that happened before. But I really liked the idea of it, just wasn't in love with the execution.


    Eureka was awesome. I got into it in the second, third season - whenever Zane showed up. Shallow, yes. But also true. And I did love that show.


    The Syfy channel was really awesome there for a while before it was Syfy. Seeing Eureka and The Walking Dead I can only assume the reason BSG isn't on the list is because you haven't watched it. Netflix. trust me. have I mentioned that before?

    ReplyDelete
  55. The CW did have some great shows didn't it?? I have been looking for a show like Gilmore Girls for a long long time. I heard that Netflix is getting Gilmore Girls on Oct 1st so I will for sure be watching it again. I have seen BSG!! I loved that show!! I loved it so much. I miss it. There hasn't been a lot of great TV lately I feel like.

    ReplyDelete