Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Reach Out and Read Program!!


I was recently in my local Barnes and Nobles when I saw a box for book donations at the check out line. I discovered this box was for Reach Out & Read! Turns out that here in Colorado (and nationally)   there is a great program for getting doctors and nurses to encourage families to read and they give books to children at pediatric checkups from 6 months to 5 years of age.  This program has been here in Colorado for 15 years and I never knew about it before!!  Reach Out & Read Colorado is really an amazing program and can help out your community. 

As most of you know children's books are quite affordable.   I would highly recommend you finding a drop off location in your neck of the woods.. you can find a list of book suggestions  too. If there isn't one in your area you might consider setting a program up.   Even a few minutes with a book may teach a child that reading is wonderful. Look for a Reach out and Read program here.


Hope you discover some great community events in your area!


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I think it is. And honestly, you really don't have to volunteer your time just donate a book!!

      Delete