Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday-Joe Hill NOS4A2






Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly book meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, where we have the chance to share what upcoming releases we are on the edge of our seats in anticipation for.

This week I am very excited for NOS4A2 by Joe Hill!!  I am really also excited to find out that he is going to be in Denver at the Tattered Cover for a book signing in May!!  First up I have the limited edition cover.. which I just found out about today.  It is done by the same artist Gabriel Rodriguez who is the artist of Locke and Key Joe Hill's graphic novel.  So of course it's sold out:

 and here is the cover of the copy I will have to get:


Here is an excerpt of NOS4A2 if you want to read it.  And here is the goodreads description of the book:  
Charlie Manx burned a man to death in his black 1938 Rolls Royce Wraith, but that’s not the worst of it. Rumor has it that he kidnapped dozens of children, taking them to a place he calls “Christmasland.” The only child ever to escape was a very lucky girl named Victoria McQueen.

Vic has a gift – she can ride her bike through the Shorter Way bridge and she’ll come out the other side wherever she needs to be, even if it’s hundreds of miles away. Vic doesn’t tell anyone about her ability; no one would understand.

When Charlie Manx finally dies after years in prison, his body disappears...after the autopsy. The police and media think someone stole it, but Vic knows the truth: Charlie Manx is on the road again...and he has her kid. And this time, Vic McQueen’s going after him...


What are you waiting for?


14 comments:

  1. Nice! I haven't heard of this one yet! Hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so good. And the limited edition cover is amazing, they're always more awesome, but as you said, they're sold out quick. I still need to try his books, I'm hoping to read Heart-Shaped Box soon, it's been sitting unread on my shelf for a few years now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I knew about it sooner. This is one limited edition I would've spend the money on!

      Delete
  3. This sounds very good. There are so many amazing books around at the moment.
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG..I really want to start reading this author. Just not enough time in a day. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Must. Own. This. Book! I have loved Joe Hill since Heart-Shaped Box and the Locke & Key series. Thanks for posting this, dear!

    sinn @ sinnful books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I love love Locke and Key... can't believe that series is almost over. :(

      Delete
  6. I've enjoyed the other Joe Hill books so I think I'll be looking for this myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wait - the other cover is way cooler. hmm i wonder if i can find one somewhere once i comes out. i have only read one joe hill book and it was pretty creepy. i also have locke & key at home and hope to read it soon. good pick!

    fishgirl182 @ read now sleep later

    ReplyDelete