How the readalong works:
- Do you need a blog to participate? No way. If you don't have a blog, you can either sign up in the comments below, or you can create a free account with either Goodreads, Shelfari, or LibraryThing and enter that information into the linky below. Any of those sites will make it easier for you to track your thoughts, or you can use a Twitter account to sign up. If you don't want to do any of those, but still want to participate, then you can post your thoughts in the comments for each of the mile-marker posts throughout the readalong.
- Timeline: May 25 through July 27
- How many posts? Who cares! It's informal. However, if you want a little structure, you can do a kick-off post now, then a middle-of-the-road post (halfway through the book) on June 24 (to celebrate the mini-series premiere even though we all probably won't watch it until we're done reading), and then a final sayonara post on July 27. Sound good?
- Twitter-chat? Use the hashtag #domealong
- Mini-series Twitter chat? After the readalong as we watch our DVR'd recordings of the show? Maybe?
- And do anything you want in-between! Throw a "Stephen King, you are freakishly awesome" party, or do a screamfest movie marathon, or write a gushing post on the fall release of Dr. Sleep, the sequel to The Shining. Or, you can just post your glee on the fact that you've been a horrible blogger and reader in 2013 and this readalong is going to bring. you. back. Back, baby! Oh, maybe that's just me...
So if you have been meaning to read this like myself this is a great way to motivate yourself. Be sure to stop by Coffee and a Book Chicks' blog and sign up!
My first update on tackling Under the Dome
Under the Dome Readalong Final Post & Review
Under the Dome Update 2
In my case--my ears my fall off of my head. I'll be reading and listening and I think the audio is 35 hours (which is short compared to The Stand at 48 hours). Glad you're joining the fun!!ReplyDelete
OH wow.. the audio! Bravo Trish! I still have never listened to an audio.Delete
I had a great time with the Under the Dome audio. I listened to it primarily while cooking and made it through 16 or 17 discs or so... then I switched to the book, just to speed it up a little, but I'd have gladly stuck with the discs.ReplyDelete
It's an underrated book, I think. Very curious to see what the show will be like!
I can't wait for the show too!!! I am not sure if I will have the book finished before it comes out but I will just have it taped then!Delete
I already read this book and loved it! Well, not so much the end, but everything before that. I read it is going to be made into a mini series.ReplyDelete
I can't wait for the miniseries! Whenever I think of Under the Dome I think of the Simpsons so hopefully this changes that!!Delete
Welcome and thanks for joining in! Whenever I feel like I haven't been a good reader/blogger, Uncle Stevie always seems to bring me back into it all. I'm already sucked in and I'm at around the 80-page mark. Looking forward to your upcoming posts and tweets, and hopefully we'll have even more participants join once the word gets out!ReplyDelete
I agree!!! Should be loads of fun!!Delete
I've had my eye on Under the Dome for such a long time! I actually find the thickness of the book juicier, haha. I wish I could participate in the readalong, but unfortunately my review pile is TOWERING. This is such a nice idea, though, and good luck with it!ReplyDelete
I think this is going to be pretty fun. Just started today and liking it so far. I really want to get it finished before the show airs.Delete
This is going to be such a hoot! It's been way too long since I've read King. And I haven't read a giant chunkster in a long while either :) Here we go!ReplyDelete
I hope you are doing good with your read!! I have 9 hours down!! lol!Delete
There's gonna be a TV show?! Ugh, now I have to get my butt up and start reading this because like you - I like to read the book before seeing the TV/movie version. I haven't read much King, only read Misery, but it was great!ReplyDelete
Yes I had to read this before the show... hopefully the show is good since King's books don't always translate well to TVs/movies.Delete