Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (#3)



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This week I have chosen to do a graphic novel that I am reading.  As you can see by looking at my about me page, not only do I love YA but I also love Stephen King.  Within the last few years King has begun taking his books and turning them into comic books.  He has now done this with his Dark Tower series, The Stand, and now a Vampire story.  I used to buy the comics after each one came out but honestly that was kinda a hassle.  So now I wait until they are out in one volume (a graphic novel) and just check them out from my library.  I just received American Vampire from the library.  It's true I only picked this up because King wrote the first five stories and I am not sure yet if I will read volume 2 (due out May 25th). 

Since this is a graphic novel I am not really following the directions this week.  Instead of putting a couple sentences I am going to feature 2 pages to show the art work.   I think the art work is a great tease because it shows that this is a vampire novel that is about vampires in the 1920s!!  FABULOUS!



7 comments:

  1. Cool, a graphic novel tease!! Love it:). Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Here's my Teaser Tuesday from Dreamland by Sarah Dessen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh awesome! Never saw a teaser like this before!!

    Here's my teaser

    Old Follower
    Jessica@a GREAT read

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read a graphic novel before but the graphics in this teaser look interesting! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting take on teaser Tuesday! I've read Japanese graphic novels, but not very many outside of those. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never read a graphic novel before either!
    Thanks for following me, I'm following back! I like your blog :D

    And thanks to you, I just discovered Armchair BEA!
    I'm also reading Eragon, and you're right, it's nothing like the film. Books are always much better than their films.

    xo,
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never heard of this one. I will have to check it out sometime I love some of Vertigo's comics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHOA. A graphic novel teaser! I think this is the first I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete