Top Ten Words/Topics That Will Make You NOT pick up a book!
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted at The Broke and the Bookish in which book bloggers are given a topic and asked to make a corresponding list of their top ten books.
1. Romance - I am sorry but I just don't love romance novels. It has to have something else going on in the book along with romance for me to read it.
2. nonFiction - I just am not a nonFiction reader. I have tried a few and never really enjoy them. I did enjoy Let's Pretend this Never Happened by the Bloggess though.
3. Sadness - I read to be happy and to enjoy myself. So if I find out a book is going to make me cry and be upset then I am skipping it.
4. Western - OK confession, I have never actually read a Western so I don't really know if I would enjoy it. But I don't love Western movies so I don't think I would love Western books.
5. Military/War - I have attempted to read novels that have a lot of Military lingo and War tactics in it and I just did really enjoy reading about it.
6. Sparks - Nicolas Sparks that is. Movies are too much romance and sadness (see above).
7. Biography - This must be the same as me not liking nonFiction. I just don't love to read facts.. I want to read about make-believe.
8. Tabloids - I was having a little trouble thinking of words so hey I picked tabloids. Like those oddball stories with the funny pictures that go with them? Yea not for me.
9. Love Triangle - I try to avoid love triangle books. Most books seem to have them but I do try to avoid them.