Friday, December 19, 2014

Bookish Gifts for the Holidays


I love love to go out and look around for some cool bookish gifts for the book lovers out there.  Usually around this time of year I find some neat items.  I recently acquired new books cases for my library .. those are the best gifts for book lovers... but I still would love to have some new bookish items in that room. 

Right now Barnes an Nobles has a really neat display books called Art Folds.  When you open the book they are cut into words.  I love them all.  There are only three books available though... Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen (this one spells Love), the Snow Queen by Hans Christian Anderson (this one is a snowflake),  and Anne of Green Gables by Montgomery (this one spells Joy). I really like the Read one and the Love one!  Hoping to get a B&N gift card for Christmas so I can pick one up for my new bookshelves.


Next up you can't go wrong with gifting bookmarks. I love them... they are like nail polish.  I remember seeing some bloggers feature the ones from Bookjigs and fell in love.  Then when I went to Utah and visited a book store there they had them and I had to pick one up.  They clip on to your book and have a string behind them to keep your spot.  Love it, this is the one that I have:


I've listed these before but in case you missed it last year I will list them again.. Frostbeard Candles.  They are perfect and really do smell great.  I have been meaning to get some more to burn!  They are taking a break over the holiday so you won't be able to order any till after the holidays (this is probably because by now they can't ship in time for Christmas) but it is still a wonderful gift... even for yourself.


I still love these book covers!!  I think they are so clever... you can pick the letter you want (of course you might not want the book that goes with your letter!). By Penguin, I want the A!  If you had the whole set it would be a beautiful rainbow.



Penguin Drop Caps Deluxe Hardcover


I hope all of you are using a Mac.... :)  even if you aren't you should have a skin on your laptop!!  I wish I was able to change mine out (it's Justice League).  Go to etsy and search.. you will find so many even ones book themed!



I am too scared to get a tattoo... and I am afraid that whatever I decided to get I would hate later and then want it off my body.  Soooo why not a temporary tattoo???  They look great and when you get sick of it .. it comes off!!






Well... there was one more gift I was going to put on here but I can't find the picture of it anywhere.  Hallmark has in it's hobby ornaments section a cute ornament of some books. I should've bought one for myself.. but decided against it.  Though I may run there tomorrow and pick it up.  I can't wait to see blog posts after Christmas to see the bookish gifts you all received. 



19 comments:

  1. Lisa @ Captivated ReaderDecember 19, 2014 at 11:57 PM

    I like the candles!! Great gift ideas for sure!! Thank for sharing the above ideas with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use receipts as book marks because all the cool ones I end up with disappear. Bookmarks are like gloves and sunglasses, I just can't seem to figure out where they go to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, I love these ALL. The Penguin Drop Caps especially. I want A and B :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those Frostbeard candles, though I was really pissed that the 'Dumbledore's Office' one smelled terrible. I wanted it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bookmark and the word covers from Penguin. Happy Holidays :)


    Aparajita @Le' Grande Codex

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw they picked Jane Eyre for one of the art books! That makes me so happy. I need to go to B&N soon and pick one up too! I have a bookjig bookmark as well and love it! It's a fox. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angela, my close friend got me one of the ArtFolds books. It wasn't one of the classics, but a Disney one. When the folding is complete and you open the book up it is the traditional Mickey silhouette. I can't want to fold it.

    Terri M., the Director
    Second Run Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those candles smell so good... and they are so cute you almost don't want to burn them. I really need to order some refills. They also have pieces you can put in a Scentsy burner if you happen to have one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am always losing book marks too... that's why I love that this one attaches to the cover. You can't lose it and it fits on pretty snug too. I really do love this bookmark!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to have the Drop Caps!! They would be so beautiful to put in my library.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOLOL! I wonder how the one that's called "Old Book Smell" smells. Does it really smell like books!! That would be wonderful to burn in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was thinking of you when I saw that. You and Picture Us Reading... seriously you should go get one before they are sold out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't even know there were Disney ones!!! WHAT!! I wonder where they got it??? I am going to google it and try to find one. I saw the book folds on Etsy and they were selling for over $100 on there. So I was thinking the B&N ones were a steal!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all the book gifts you have hear. I want them all. Except the Book art leaves me with an emotional impasse. On one hand it is amazing what they did to fold the pages so intricately, but then oldest or and former book store employee cringes at the idea of folding a book page. Dog eating oages is a big no no for me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't stand Dog Eared books either. I hate when I get a library book and someone has done that. I feel like they have ruined the book. I am going to probably buy one of those Barnes and Noble books.. either the one that says Read or Love. Probably the one that says Read.

    ReplyDelete
  16. She got it at Barnes and Noble!

    Terri M., the Director
    Twitter: @2ndRunReviews

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are very great gift ideas, Angela! I’m quite belated in reading your post, but I do love some of these! Temp tattoos can be so neat, and I love ones that feature quotes. Those are lovely, lovely, lovely- especially if they have a really nice typography!

    I found this store on etsy a while ago, that sells book inspired candles- amazing. The Harry Potter ones are just incredible, like Butterbeer and Hagrid’s Pumpkin Patch. An Old Book scented candle would be fantastically nice.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I found another site yesterday with Temp. Tattoos that are literary. I just love them. I like the idea of having a tattoo for a short period of time. One time I had some henna put on my hand and I couldn't wait for it to come off! LOL!

    ReplyDelete