Saturday, December 20, 2014

Sunday Post


Let's chat about what's going on this week... on my blog.. on other blogs... on the internet... and just everywhere!    I link up my post to Sunday Post hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Reader.

I have been quite busy lately.  With the holidays here.. shopping... mailing... calling... and normal chores it has been busy.  I have spent time each evening reading, playing video games and catching up on shows.  I did go to a new thrift store in town and was able to find some books for cheap!!  I can't believe in a week it will already be time to take down the Christmas decorations.  It feels like just yesterday I put them up.  Went to see the Hobbit this weekend... review will be up tomorrow.  We just bought a new set of bookcases and pictures will be up next Sunday Post.  I can't wait to get all my books into them.

Have you ever gone to a thrift store to shop for books????   Really you should. I ended up with a great haul from my local store.  Well it is a newly opened store so I was able to get in there and look around before everyone went in a bought the books.  These are books that I never owned but have read them all:
A photo posted by wsbronco (@wsbronco) on
On the Blog:
-Bookish Gifts for the Holidays Bookish gifts are so fun... I love to find unique ones.  Be sure to check this out and see if there is anything on the list you have to have. 
-Walking Dead Season 2 Video Game Review Love these video games.  So fun and for everyone!
-Eldest by Christopher Paolini finished the second book in the series!  Only two more books to go. 


Around the Blogospere:
Bout of Books


-Bout of Books is coming! I am so excited I really have been wanting one to come for a while now. In case you have no idea what this is: The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 5th and runs through Sunday, January 11th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 12 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog.

-I don't really do reading challenges but I really enjoyed the Graphic Novels Challenge. So I am going to join up again with the Graphic Novels Reading Challenge 2015. I totally surpassed my goal this year so I am going to go big again this year and go for the highest level.  Here are the levels:
 Modern Age: read and review 12 books during the year (that's only 1 book a month)

Bronze Age: read and review 24 books during the year (Can you handle 2 books a month.)

Silver Age: read and review 52 books during the year (Are you up to a book a week!)




Internet:

I am sure by now you all have seen the Insurgent trailer.  Looks like it is going to be a good movie.  I enjoyed Divergent.  Of course... once the last movie comes out we'll see what I think:




Books Books Books: 
I picked up a few comics at the library this week.. and of course my thrift store haul that you can see above.



How has your week been???

22 comments:

  1. I feel like Christmas has come upon me so fast! It is weird to think that in just a few days it will be over. I feel like I haven't really had the chance to get in the Christmas mood - I've been so busy lately too!


    I used to get books at the thrift store but haven't been in awhile! They can have some interesting titles and at great prices! :) Your book haul is awesome - and they look like they are in great condition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been in the Christmas mood. I have been watching Christmas movies and listening to Christmas music in the car. I will say though this year I barely got an Christmas cards. It's like each year I get less and less. No one sends them out anymore and I think it's sad. I get the generic facebook messages "Merry Christmas". :( The books I bought at the thrift shop were in wonderful condition! The store had just opened so I am sure I was able to get in there and find some good ones before the crowds started going in there and buying everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see a Hobbit review... I hope it was good. I've found some cool old comic and books at old stores, that's a nice find. It's a good feeling when you find some good stuff like that. :)


    I ought to check out the Graphic Novel challenge.


    I think Insurgent looks good, i liked the book but it didn't blow me away. I think I'll like the movie more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Divergent and haven't seen Insurgent's trailer yet, so thanks for sharing :) Happy holidays !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited about Insurgent and more Four :) And yes thrift places are a great place to buy books, I often find books that are practically brand new. The titles can be hit or miss but persistence pays! Happy Christmas Angie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stephanie Takes-DesbiensDecember 21, 2014 at 7:44 AM

    The second time I have seen "Bout of Books" this morning. I can't possibly read more than I do now so a non-topical/genre-specific challenge is kind of a non-starter for me. I wish you enjoyment and success with it>

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Holidays, Angela. Wishing you a wonderful new year.


    Terri M., the Director
    Second Run Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa @ Captivated ReaderDecember 21, 2014 at 1:51 PM

    Nice to see you highlight Bout of Books 12.0, I'm participating in it and am excited about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, sounds like you are in for an exciting adventure, with the Bout of Books....enjoy! And thanks for the reminder.

    Here are

    MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a used book store I go to in my town and find amazing books. Plus two thrift stops on my way home from work. I'm a regular at all of them. LOL You made out like a bandit! Have fun adding your lovelies to your new bookcases.

    Have a joyous holiday!

    My Sunday Post - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/12/21/whats-new-on-my-bookshelf-90-and-the-sunday-post/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love to find great books for sale!! More to add to my library. I just was in book heaven... sad thing was I was the only one in the store shopping books. But oh well. Made it so I got some great picks. I went to another thrift store this weekend to find the rest of the Hunger Games series but they didn't have any of the books.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks... hope you have a great holiday. Hoping to get a lot more blogging and reading done in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved finding the books at the thrift store. The books I am finding that I have been really wanting to buy are Stephen King books. I hold myself back from buying them (like $2 will break me). I just need to start buying them when I see them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really do try to make myself read the whole time.. more then I normally read. At least... I try. I am so glad it happens right after Christmas too.. right when I will be ready to relax and enjoy myself with some peace and quite.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Terri!! Hoping you have a great new year also.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE BOUT OF BOOKS! I applied to be an expert again this time but haven't heard anything yet.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need to get up my Bout of Books post for the event!! I will probably type it up tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I should start shopping at used book stores. I have been to a couple of "big" ones and to be honest the used books always felt over priced. Perhaps I should try one of the smaller book stores around here.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really want to have The Hobbit too, but I somehow forgot about it. I only recalled it when I checked your post. Lol. Have a great week ♥

    WeeklyWrap@EverythingNyze

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOL!!! It can be hard to remember stuff I swear!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Welcome to the GN/Manga Challenge, Angela. Glad to have you with us again! And thank you for this year's button!! :-)

    ReplyDelete