Tuesday, December 23, 2014
Top Ten Tuesday- Leave Me a Book Santa!
It’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the wonderful blog at The Broke and the Bookish! This week's topic is Top Ten books I want Santa to leave me. Soooo since this is from Santa and everything from him is free.... I have to pick EXPENSIVE books! I had a pretty amazing book list last year (though Santa never came through).
In no particular order:
1. The Great Gatsby special edition is beautiful!! I love the story... and own the paperback. But to display this copy in my house would be soooo wonderful. I love art deco style so the cover of this is just perfect.
2. I could have 100 different Hobbit/Lord of the Rings books and I would be happy. I love the ones with unique covers and there are plenty out there. I especially like the cover on this one.
3. I really like these Hunger Game books... the covers are pretty amazing to me! I found the first book at a thrift store in great condition and am still looking for the other two. But these covers would be worth me going to B&N and buying them.
4. Game of Thrones Pop-Up book. I love the other pop-up books that Reinhart has done (I own the Star Wars one). This one is probably amazing. I tried to get my library to order it but they never did. Probably because it's pop-up and people will ruin it.
5. Grimm Tales by Philip Pullman has the most amazing cover. It has cut out paper art... I would so display this book. I have never read it so I have no idea if it's any good. But I still want it! Surprisingly it's not that expensive either!
6. I don't own any Sherlock Holmes books... and the way these covers line up would look so good on a bookshelf! I love Sherlock... though I wish the three books would fit together instead of 2 and then 1 standing alone.
7. Star Wars the Blueprints looks like a pretty cool coffee table book. I would probably frame some of the blueprints in that book!
8. I love birding watching and I really love the art of James Audubon. He was one of the first people to draw and research some of the species of birds found in North America. I thought this book would be more expensive because of the full color pages but it's pretty affordable. MUST HAVE. Christie’s New York will auction off a copy of John James Audubon’s Birds of America, which already holds the title of most valuable printed book in the world, having sold for about $11.5 million in 2010. WOW.
9. This is a repeat from last year clearly Martin a year later hasn't come thorough. Santa... all I really want is for George RR Martin to PLEASE FRICKEN finish A Song of Ice and Fire. I mean... is that too much to ask? So for Christmas I would like book 6... The Winds of Winter.
Santa.. bring me all these gifts!! I've been good this year.