Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday- Leave Me a Book Santa!


It’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the wonderful blog at The Broke and the Bookish! This week's topic is Top Ten books I want Santa to leave me.  Soooo since this is from Santa and everything from him is free.... I have to pick EXPENSIVE books!  I had a pretty amazing book list last year (though Santa never came through). 






In no particular order:
1.  The Great Gatsby special edition is beautiful!!  I love the story... and own the paperback.  But to display this copy in my house would be soooo wonderful.    I love art deco style so the cover of this is just perfect.

2. I could have 100 different Hobbit/Lord of the Rings books and I would be happy.  I love the ones with unique covers and there are plenty out there.  I especially like the cover on this one.

3.  I really like these Hunger Game books... the covers are pretty amazing to me!  I found the first book at a thrift store in great condition and am still looking for the other two.  But these covers would be worth me going to B&N and buying them.



4.  Game of Thrones Pop-Up book.  I love the other pop-up books that Reinhart has done (I own the Star Wars one).  This one is probably amazing.  I tried to get my library to order it but they never did.  Probably because it's pop-up and people will ruin it.



5.  Grimm Tales by Philip Pullman has the most amazing cover. It has cut out paper art... I would so display this book.  I have never read it so I have no idea if it's any good.  But I still want it! Surprisingly it's not that expensive either! 


6.  I don't own any Sherlock Holmes books... and the way these covers line up would look so good on a bookshelf!  I love Sherlock... though I wish the three books would fit together instead of 2 and then 1 standing alone.



 7.  Star Wars the Blueprints looks like a pretty cool coffee table book.  I would probably frame some of the blueprints in that book!

8.  I love birding watching and I really love the art of James Audubon.  He was one of the first people to draw and research some of the species of birds found in North America.  I thought this book would be more expensive because of the full color pages but it's pretty affordable.  MUST HAVE. Christie’s New York will auction off a copy of John James Audubon’s Birds of America, which already holds the title of most valuable printed book in the world, having sold for about $11.5 million in 2010.  WOW.




9.  This is a repeat from last year clearly Martin a year later hasn't come thorough.  Santa... all I really want is for George RR Martin to PLEASE FRICKEN finish A Song of Ice and Fire.  I mean... is that too much to ask?  So for Christmas I would like book 6... The Winds of Winter




Santa.. bring me all these gifts!!  I've been good this year.




33 comments:

  1. Lisa @ Captivated ReaderDecember 23, 2014 at 8:47 PM

    Nice list of books!! I hope you receive all the books on your list for Christmas this year!! Happy holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear Winds of Winter is actually possible next year. Not sure I believe it, but I would jump for joy with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another pretty-cover lover! I hope you get a few of these under your tree. I love the Sherlock Holmes set, with the silhouette on the spines. And have you seen B&N's leatherbound collectible series? Oh, I seriously would love some of those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope I get these books too... we'll see... guess it's only if Santa stops by this house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Next year huh??? I'll believe it when I see it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love covers... I love art so I think that passes into book covers. I have seen B&N leather bound. They were on my list last year so I didn't include them this year, though I did squeeze Song of Ice and Fire in there again this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa @ Bookshelf FantasiesDecember 23, 2014 at 10:16 PM

    Wow, these are all gorgeous. I love that edition of Gatsby, and those Hunger Games books are incredible! Now I'm sad, though -- I have the Philip Pullman books (it's really good), but mine didn't have that amazing cover. Ha, I think the best present would be if GRRM really did surprise us with a finished book #6... but I'm not holding my breath. Great list -- I hope you get at least some of what you're hoping for!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that Sherlock Holmes set - the covers look awesome lined up together like that. And oh yes George M - would love, LOVE that next book in the series.


    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can you imagine having that Pullman book with paper art for the cover??? And it was really affordable. So I don't know if you actually get the paper cut out on the cover or if it just looks like the art.. like a print of it??? Yeah.. Martin will probably not put that book out for a few more years so be sure to stop by Dec 2015 and you will see it on my list again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Sherlock Holmes set also... it's just so.. well Sherlock! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That Grimm fairy tale book and paper cut art definitely does look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope that Santa brings these books for you! :-) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't think of it, but asking Santa for the expensive, extra pretty special editions or art books is a great idea. And great list, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those Hunger Games are so awesome, I want those too!

    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings
    Enter my blog birthday giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the idea of collecting all of the covers of your favorite books. I'm like that with Discworld. I got the first Hunger Games at a used book store too. I made the mistake of getting all of Sherlock Holmes in one book and it's huge, I'd probably throw my back out trying to read it. I like bird watching too and Birds of America is like a must have. (I have two hehe) Winds of Winter HAS to come out already!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like those Hunger Games covers. I really like different covers for things...especially the Harry Potter books. I really want the new U.S. ones that line up.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. OOoo yes that would be lovely! All the books, Santa! All the books! lol Hope you have a great Christmas Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the cover for Grimm Tales, gorgeous. I only own one pop-up book, A Christmas Carol, and it's fun. I know nothing about a Game of Thrones, but if there is a pop-up book for it, it has to be fun. At least I know the pop-up book would be.

    ReplyDelete
  19. As a drafter, I NEED NEED NEED that Star Wars book!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooh I hope you got some of these for the holidays!! I really want that THG set and the Sherlock Holmes ones. Lovely picks and happy holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I know right??? I love art! I love books! I love them together! Just perfect. Though I think that maybe the cover only looks like the paper art. I don't think that it is the paper art... if you get what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Santa did not bring these books... BOO SANTA!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you!! I agree... if Santa is going to bring me something for FREE it better be good.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I know... I did see them in the store a while back and should've just picked them up to buy!

    ReplyDelete
  25. My grandmother just told me that she has two copies of Birds of America and is going to give me one. HURRAY! I can't wait to display it in my bookcases. Those Sherlocks are really neat. I would display those in my livingroom rather then the library just because they looks so cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I want to just own all the Harry Potter editions. ALL OF THEM. But I refuse to spend all that money. I guess sometimes I am a little cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I only own one pop-up book too... a Star Wars one. I wish I owned more but then are so expensive. I would like to see a review on the Christmas Carol book only cause I'm nosy and want to see what it looks like. Happy New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh man... I bet you would really love it then!

    ReplyDelete
  29. That picture you are using makes you look really excited about seeing my list! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm catching up on posts so sorry for the late comment but great list! That cover for Great Gatsby - it's so pretty I'd just want to frame it. I actually got my husband the Stars Wars blueprint book for Christmas and it's ridiculously awesome. The blueprints actually look like real blueprints (he's an aerospace engineer so he's got some experience!). The thing weighs a freaking ton though. I hadn't seen the pop up books but I know people who would love both the Star Wars and the Game of Thrones versions. Those are going on my list for gifts for birthdays/Christmas. Hope Santa delivered or you splurged and got some of these for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh how much I would love it it Santa George would give me Winds of Winter for 2015 christmas at least. Here's to hoping.


    Hoping you had a great Christmas and wish you a very happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thank you!!! Winds of Winter... let's make a guess when it will come out shall we?? I'm going to guess Fall 2016. What's your guess?

    ReplyDelete