Originally I wasn't going to do this.. but I love my library so much I thought I would post about it. So I am glad the Book Monsters are hosting this event for the summer. They have a lot lined up so I'll be keeping my eyes out for what else is going on. For those that follow my blog you know that I get everything from the library. Books, movies, video games, you name it. I use it so much. I really think you all should take the time to go and walk through your library. Bring a book with you and just sit there for a while... it just feels great.
1. What’s the name of your library and how close is it to where you live? My library is the Pikes Peak Library District. I love it... there are several branches here in my area. I got to one about 5 miles from my house. They are actually building a brand new huge facility that opens up this next week, it's called Library 21C. Which I think it kind of an awful name... but hey whatever. I do wish too that they had an architect come in and design a neat look for the building... I love libraries that do that.
2. How frequently do you go to the library? Once a week. I go every Monday to drop off and pick up.
3. What is the first section you normally go to when you get to the library? The holds. Since I know exactly what I want I just go online and put holds on everything and then pick up. I never actually look around for something to read.
4. Share a link to your library’s webpage. How often do you use it and what for? Pikes Peak Library District I use it almost daily. I use it to see what has come in on my holds... I use it to renew my books. I use it to check out ebooks, eaudios. My library also has apps to read and check out magazines and comics right on your tablet. It is soooo amazing.
5. Does your library have a summer reading program for your age group? Do you participate and why or why not? There is a library reading program for adults at my library. The teen program is in the summer though. I did participate in the program once. It was fun .. but I haven't participated in a long time now. It's only because the prizes are kind of the same each time (a coffee cup, a bag) and I just don't need that many coffee cups. So I don't participate anymore. It is a wonderful program though I do recommend participating.
6. What is one thing you can think of that would make your library better? Honestly I don't know... it really is a wonderful facility. They always order what I request.. they have video games... magazines... I mean really it is a fabulous place.
7. Does your library have a self checkout station and do you use it more than the circulation clerks? My library pretty much only has a self checkout. They try to make you use it and only get in line if you need something specific from the clerk. Even if I have a special order they make me take the rest of my books over to self check out. Sometimes it's a little annoying. I have been to a bigger branch and they have both clerks and self check out.
8. What programs have you attended or thought of attending at your library? I haven't actually attended any programs. Most of them are just not something I am interested in. Learning computers or learning to speak English or learning to read. Just not resources that I need. I have seen a few book clubs that some of the branches have but haven't worked up the courage to go.
9. Do you have family that utilizes the library with you? Who is your “library buddy”? My husband uses the library too... we usually just use my account and I pick up both our books together.
10. What is the best thing about your library? I just love that it is free. If it weren't for the library I wouldn't be able to read all the books that I do. It is a great part of the community and a wonderful resource that I don't think enough people take advantage of.
What about you?? Do you use your library?? What about it do you love?