Thursday, August 15, 2013

A-Z Reading Survey !

Well... I have noticed everyone doing the A to Z survey and since I won't be getting too much reading done the next two weeks I thought.. well I might as well do this too!  Plus it looks fun! I found the A-Z Meme at The Perpetual Page-Turner (love her blog)!

 Author you've read the most books from:
Easy for me... Stephen King.  His books are what got me into reading in the first place!!

Best Sequel Ever:
Oh wow... EVER?  I would say Two Towers from Lord of the Rings

Currently Reading:
Every Day by David Levithan

Drink of Choice While Reading?
Easy... Mountain Dew.  I am drinking one now.  I am very addicted even though I know it rots teeth!

E-reader of Physical Book?
I love my Nook... but I prefer of course to hold a book, smell a book, be able to look down and see how many pages I have left. 

Fictional Character You Probably Would've Dated in High School:
I liked bad boys back then... so maybe Erik from the Sookie Stackhouse books or Ranger from the Stephanie Plum series.  

Glad You Gave This Book a Chance:
Jane Austen Pride and Prejudice.  I am not a big romance reader.. and I had just started reading classics.  So glad I found Jane Austen books I love them!

Hidden Gem Book:
Emily Post's Etiquette Book , honestly no one really has manners anymore because no one teaches people them.  This book really helps us.. including what to do with your cell phone! 

Important Moment in Your Reading Life:
Well for me it was finding goodreads because I don't know anyone who reads in my real life.  Blogging has been pretty important too.  I have had a lot of fun with it!

Just Finished:
The 39 Clues Day of Doom.  I thought this was going to be the final book in the 39 Clues series but they are continuing it.  I am going to stop here though because the number of books in this series are getting crazy.

Kind of Books You Won't Read:
Well there is nothing I won't read... but I don't like biographies, romance, religious, and non-fiction.  Just can't do it. 

Longest Book You've Read:
I think that is either the Stand or Under the Dome by Stephen King.  Sometimes he can really write some long books! 

Major Book Hangover because of:
I loved the Hunger Games. I really do think those are amazing books.  Just great great writing.  Also Harry Potter when they first came out and I had to wait around for the next book in the series to come out! 

Number of Bookcases I Own:
3.  They are old bookcases that were my moms.  I love them.

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:
Harry Potter of course! 

Preferred Place to Read:
I my recliner in my living room with my kitty at the bottom and the TV on my favorite reality shows.

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you've read:
Is it sad that I don't remember any quotes from books?

Reading Regret: 
I regret all the bad books I read that I DNF!

Series You Started and Need to Finish (all books are out in the series):
I need to finish the Inheritance series by Christopher Paolini

Three of Your All Time Favorite Books:

Unapologetic Fangirl For: 
The Drizzt Series.  Which is a RA Salvator series about characters from the Dungeons and Dragons universe.  Haters gonna hate!

Very Excited for This Release More than All Others: 
Doctor Sleep by Stephen King.. the sequel to the Shining!

Worst Bookish Habit: 
Not reading fast enough.  Sometimes I just watch too much TV! 

X Marks the Spot: Start at the top left of your book shelf and pick the 27th book:
Dracula by Bram Stoker

Your Latest Book Purchase:
Dead Ever After by Charlaine Harris, the last book in the Sookie Stackhouse series.  I haven't read it yet.

ZZZ-snatcher book: (Last Book that kept you up way too late):
Under the Dome by Stephen King


That was pretty fun... did you participate too???  Leave a link to your A-Z if you did!!





12 comments:

  1. Ooh, I like your choice of Erik from the Sookie Stackhouse series. Sexy vikings, yes please. :D

    I don't really remember quotes from books either. The only ones I do recall are those I actually manage to make a note of in my journal while reading.

    How far into the Inheritance series are you? If all you have left to read is the final book, I definitely recommend it (even though that book got kind of annoying).

    YAY for the Drizzt series! Those books turned me into a fan of R. A. Salvatore, too. SO. GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only read the first two books in the Inheritance series and that was so long ago I need to for sure read them again. so I just have to take the time to read all four books.

      Delete
  2. I'm kind of surprised at myself for not doing this survey, because I love surveys- and this one is bookish so it'd doubly grand- but I think I'm enjoying reading others responses more than I would enjoy doing it myself!

    I remember quotes from books pretty well- quotes are one of my all time favourite things, so it makes sense I'd take note and remember! I also make collages with quotes, so that also means I pick up and remember a lot. (:

    I hope Every Day is going well- I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying Every Day.. it is very different that is for sure.

      Delete
  3. I'm a sucker for making lists.

    My survey :

    http://thedorkportal.blogspot.com/2013/08/on-a-z-reading-survey.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot wait for Doctor Sleep, in fact I reread the Shining to prepare. My daughter is a Dew drinker but I think you know by now I love coffee! LOL Great post,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dew is so addictive. Again I am drinking one right now while commenting! AUGHHH! I love Dew so much!

      Delete
  5. Haha, I think I read the most books from SK too :) I used to like bad boys in HC and high school me would totally lust after HC Eric (or even adult Eric,... I think he would make a great gym teacher/coach... LOL)

    Yay, you're reading Every Day! Hope you're enjoying it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying Every Day so far. Not getting a lot of reading done since I am in TX and not at home. Hoping to catch up next week!

      Delete
  6. I had fun doing this survey, too. So glad you gave Pride and Prejudice and chance and liked it! I hate it when they continue a series forever. It's okay for things to end and move on right? :) Oh nice favorite books picks. I loved the Secret Garden, too. Cool answers! That was fun to read.

    ReplyDelete