Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday- Mr. Mercades by Stephen King

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly book meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, where we have the chance to share what upcoming releases we are on the edge of our seats in anticipation for.



Here is the book description:

 It is a riveting cat-and-mouse suspense thriller about a retired cop and a couple of unlikely allies who race against time to stop a lone killer intent on blowing up thousands.

Retired homicide detective Bill Hodges is haunted by the few cases he left open, and by one in particular: in the pre-dawn hours, hundreds of desperate unemployed people were lined up for a spot at a job fair in a distressed Midwestern city. Without warning, a lone driver ploughed through the crowd in a stolen Mercedes. Eight people were killed, fifteen wounded. The killer escaped.

Months later, on the other side of the city, Bill Hodges gets a letter in the mail, from a man claiming to be the perpetrator. He taunts Hodges with the notion that he will strike again. Hodges wakes up from his depressed and vacant retirement, hell-bent on preventing that from happening. Brady Hartfield lives with his alcoholic mother in the house where he was born. And he is indeed preparing to kill again.

Hodges, with a couple of misfit friends, must apprehend the killer in this high-stakes race against time. Because Brady's next mission, if it succeeds, will kill or maim hundreds, even thousands. Mr Mercedes is a war between good and evil, from the master of suspense whose insight into the mind of this obsessed, insane killer is chilling and unforgettable.


SO EXCITED!  What are you guys waiting on this week???  Be sure to stop by my Stephen King Fans group on goodreads to chat about this book!!

27 comments:

  1. YESYESYES!!! #superexcited #cantwait

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle {Book Hangovers}February 26, 2014 at 9:17 AM

    Stephen King never ceases to amaze me!! *clapping* I just love him!

    Check out my WoW~Book Hangovers Blabs Books

    xoxox Happy Hump Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like such a bad reader girl. I've never read a Stephen King book. Eep! That's a neat cover though :) Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica @ a GREAT readFebruary 26, 2014 at 12:35 PM

    Ooh nice! Cool cover too! Like seeing these ones that are "animated" online!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too!!! I love how this cover has rain!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You must read a King!! Any King.. just to say, yes I have read King and Ioved/hated it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Animated covers are cool... it's the only reason I did a WOW this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ula @ Blog of ErisedFebruary 26, 2014 at 1:37 PM

    Gif cover! Nice :D
    I never read anything by King, I started Cujo but never finished. I have Under the Dome now and I hope to get to it soon.
    I hope you get it soon and enjoy it :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Stephen King, and I love how this cover is actually raining! Great choice! Thanks for stopping by my WOW earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Who .. Under the Dome is going to be your first King??? Yeah... that is a LONG book and while it is good it's not the best King. Cujo I loved. I always recommend starting with like Salem's Lot or The Shinning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am going to have to check this out! That cover is epic!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  12. The internet cover for Doctor Sleep was really cool too. I love how they are doing book covers now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love how the water is moving on your photo! That's awesome. I have only read one book by Stephen King, but I should check out more.
    Lauren from www.shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had no idea he had a new book coming out, wooo!


    p.s Now following you via GFC & Bloglovin' :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ula @ Blog of ErisedFebruary 27, 2014 at 2:00 AM

    Yeah I know. Not a big scary book fan here XD Will try others as well, I promise :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. So excited! I love your blog too!! I always stop by and check out your nails.. I learned about your blog through Picture Me Reading a long time ago. She had mentioned your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like yet another good one!

    ReplyDelete
  18. He seems to just push out the great books like nothing!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It looks like it's more a crime novel rather then a horror novel too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't wait either!!! I'm so excited that my two favorite authors (Jeffery Deaver and Stephen King) have two new books out this year. This book sounds awesome. I already have mine on preorder from Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. OH wow! You ARE excited! I have yet to read Doctor Sleep and until that happens I won't order another King book! I want to read at least 5 books this month... well it's a big goal.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good luck with your goal and Doctor Sleep was really really good. I can't wait to see what you think about that book.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I hear Tommyknockers is not one of Stephen King's best books. You may want to skip that one as being your first. You should go for a classic, Carrie, Salem's Lot, The Shinning. I haven't read Tommyknockers so I can't say from my own experience though.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This post totally ended up in my spam folder!! WHAT! So I am just now seeing it.

    ReplyDelete