Friday, February 28, 2014

Book Blog Walkers February Check In



I was so happy when I stumbled upon Book Blog Walkers. The Geeky Book Bloggers Blog is the host so pop over there for all the details if you are interested in participating.  I have a lot of fun with the twitter hastag #bookblogwalkers .  Everyone keeps each other motivated .. it's fun.

This month I haven't been doing great.  It got really really cold and I hibernated in the house.  So I did my Biggest Loser video.  But then last week I got lazy and didn't do anything.  I also have not attempted Yoga since that first day.  I hurt ALL weekend after I did it so now I am a little leery about doing it again.  I need to give it a try again because if I don't there is no way I am going to ever be able to stretch like they do in the video.


I have really been behind on weights since I haven't been going to the gym.  I try to do some weight training to prevent Osteoporosis.  I am a small girl so I have small bones.  Plus my mom and aunts have Osteoporosis so I have a high risk of getting it. I used to take a notebook to the gym to keep track of how much weight I am doing and to be able to up it every so often but now I just keep it in my head.

Be sure to join in if you want a little motivation for working out! #bookblogwalkers

10 comments:

  1. I will have to check this out! I have been SO lazy lately!

    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a lot of fun.. especially on twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope March will be good for you. Osteoporosis is no fun, my grandma was bent in two by time she died. I believe walking is meant to help. Anyway that's why I walk - for health! I steer clear of yoga as I damaged my knee when I stretched wrongly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be getting my Vitamin D tested the next physical I have. Usually you don't do that till you're older but since my mom has osteoporosis bad my Dr is going to test me. My aunt is starting to hunch over and I am a little nervous about getting it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I will definitely have to check this out, I've been exercising a lot lately since I started PT lessons. This looks amazing! Thanks for sharing Angela :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sensible to take all precautions. All the best for getting ahead of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should participate. it is really nice to have people to chat with on twitter. Some people will do weekly updates on their blog, I like to just do mine once a month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ha this looks like fun! it's okay I think it's the hardest to do this during winter. Like we had snow and ice all over the entire month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. SIGH... tomorrow is Monday so back to working out again. I don't want to !!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is actually a good time of year for me since it's Lent and I always give up pop. So that always helps me out. This will actually be my first year NOT wearing a bikini. Yeah I know .. WHAT? Last year my Dr. found melanoma and we caught it early. I was very lucky. So now I am going to wear a rash guard (life surfers wear). We'll see how that turns out!!

    ReplyDelete