The final Top Ten Tuesday of 2014! The week's is all about what we want to do in 2015. I thought 2014 was great on the blog. I did fall a little behind on reviews at the end of the year... but hopefully that will pick back up here soon. The blog got a new look this year.. for those who have been following me for a while would've noticed the great make over! I got to mess around and make all kinds of new buttons and such for the blog. After four years of blogging I am still having a lot of fun. I love finding about new books and new blogs. So now for my blogging/reading goals:
1. Finish series I have started! I have a few series that I have read and then final books came out this year in 2014 and I haven't finished them yet..... I really need to finish it. In fact.. I should make a list of them so I know for sure which ones need to be read.
2. Make a vlog??? I always throw around this idea.. I don't know. I am just not a camera person. But I do have a new bookcase and it would be fun to make a vlog in front of it. I always hesitate because I have to put on make up and do my hair. BOO.
3. Get some more classics read this year. I didn't read any in 2014! At least.. I don't think I did. I can't even remember!! So I would like to read a couple of them this year.
4. Keep reading the books I own. I just really started doing this in September of this year and it is really making me happy. I was reading only library books and so never actually read some of the books I owned that I clearly wanted to read (I mean I did buy them).
5. Start reading with my goodreads book clubs again. I run two groups on goodreads. One I would read with every month and I stopped reading along with it in September and I miss discussing books on there. Not that a lot of people participated but it was just fun if someone did read along.
1. Figure out something to do for a feature. For those of you who have followed this blog you probably know about my Project Disney feature. This is where I watch a Disney movie and read the book that the movie is based off of. I am really close to the end. In fact... I might actually be done with the movies in the Disney Canon. I have a few more that I want to do but they will probably be finished before March. I was thinking of reading the Sherlock stories and then watch the Sherlock show (BBC) that goes with the story. We'll see.
2. Design a new rating system. I have been wanting to this but just haven't yet. I am a little sick of the crystal balls and would like to make something that matches the Alice in Wonderland theme.
3. Netgalley percent up to 80%. I have had this goal forever!! I don't know what in the world is keeping me from 80%. ERRRRRR
4. Get ahead on posting. There are only a few times where I have actually been ahead on blogging. Normally I sit down at night, watch TV and type up blog posts (like I am right now). I would like to be able to just take a day, sit down type up a bunch of posts and be ahead for a week. Of course.. then technically I am not ahead because they I am typing up posts for the week after that....
5. Plan another bookish monthly event. I think I will do a Star Wars month but that won't be until next December when the movie comes out. So it won't be for a while.. I suppose I could start planning for it now.
Well.... hopefully I get to a lot of these goals this year. My personal goal is to take better care of myself. I have been taking vitamins, going to the gym, putting on wrinkle cream, and getting my hair done. Lots of personal attention in 2015! What about you???