Sunday, March 17, 2013

Asunder by Jodi Meadows Review


As some of you know, I am on a mission to finish all the series I start.  I really enjoyed Incarnate ,the first book in the series , which I actually picked up based off the cover!  Here is the goodreads description of Asunder:

DARKSOULS Ana has always been the only one. Asunder. Apart. But after Templedark, when many residents of Heart were lost forever, some hold Ana responsible for the darksouls–and the newsouls who may be born in their place. 
 SHADOWS Many are afraid of Ana’s presence, a constant reminder of unstoppable changes and the unknown. When sylph begin behaving differently toward her and people turn violent, Ana must learn to stand up not only for herself but for those who cannot stand up for themselves. 
 LOVE Ana was told that nosouls can’t love. But newsouls? More than anything, she wants to live and love as an equal among the citizens of Heart, but even when Sam professes his deepest feelings, it seems impossible to overcome a lifetime of rejection.
 In this second book in the Newsoul trilogy, Ana discovers the truth about reincarnation and will have to find a way to embrace love and make her young life meaningful. Once again, Jodi Meadows explores the extraordinary beauty and shadowed depths of the soul in a story equal parts epic romance and captivating fantasy.


This book takes place right where the last one left off. This is actually one of those middle books in a series that is good. I didn't feel like it was all filler. The romance between Sam and Ana is beautifully written.  I find it interesting that Sam thinks his relationship with Ana is inappropriate because even though they are both 19, Sam is actually 5,000 years old.  The villain in this book really surprised me! I guessed the wrong villain throughout the book and was kind of annoyed at how easy it was to figure out the villain. Then when the bad guy was revealed I was pleasantly happy!

The author Meadows does such a fantastic job of writing the scenery so well I can picture it perfectly in my mind. I enjoy that we are learning more and more about the sylph and yet they are still a mystery. I curious to learn about them and find out if they are people who have died. Most of this book took place in the city of Heart, but I think we might venture outside of it in the next book in order to gather some important information to stop Janan. Sometimes I would like to see more of the magical creatures we always read about other then the sylph. I want more dragons, trolls. The first book had such a crazy epic battle in it and this one was missing that. No big battles.. but I suppose that will be saved up for the next book.

As I read this book I am sad for the old souls who won't be coming back.  I wish there was a way to have new souls and be able to reincarnate people.  This book finally reveals why they are reincarnated and it still makes me sad that they are dying.  I love the story of old loves coming together for 5,000 years.  Having an amazing talent that you just keep making better generation after generation.

I can't wait for the third book in the series!! 

I am giving this book 5 stars since it is a decent middle of a series book!


Sun is shinning!!!  Great day to go outside and read this book
Here is my review of Incarnate

5 comments:

  1. I too am really looking forward to finding out about the sylphs. This is going to be great. Ana does show a lot of growth in this novel. Which is good because we can see she is maturing even if she isn't 5,000 years old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cover is too great NOT to pick it up! I would just get it because it's perty! XD And I've heard some fabulous things about it as well! ;D

    Wonderful review, Angela! Thanks for the congrats of my blogoversary! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. THANKS FOR THE FOLLOW! <3333
      I'm now a follower of your gorgeous blog. ^^

      Delete