Monday, May 26, 2014

Armchair BEA- Into & Literature

Armchair BEA

Yeah!  It's that time.. time for Armchair BEA.  I have always wanted to go to this event.  Being though that it is in NY well... I just can't make it.  So I am always glad to see that there is an event for those of us bloggers who want to participate.

Introduction:
Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging? Where in the world are you blogging from? 

Hello everyone!!  My name is Angie and I have been blogging since 2010. No I can't believe it either.  Time is flying.  I am finally getting a new look on my blog next month too for the first time in 4 years (so be on the look out). I originally started blogging to see what it would be like and then I loved reading reviews and meeting new people.  I love learning new things and feeling accomplished every time I do something new on the blog. 


Describe your blog in just one sentence. Then, list your social details -- Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc. -- so we can connect more online. 

Books... Movies.... Comics... Video Games

Come and find me!!! 
Photobucket


What does your favorite/ideal reading space look like? (Pinterest encouraged!)
I am not sure what the Pinterest part means?   Make a board about it??  Well how about I just show you!  My cozy chair.



Spread the love by naming your favorite blogs/bloggers (doesn’t necessarily have to be book blogs/bloggers).
I love to do this!!!  First up I love Bookish Whimsy.  She does the most fantastic posts called the Refined Reader that looks at the journey people have taken to become the readers we are today. 
Bookish Whimsy


Next up is the Daily Prophecy.  I really enjoy reading Mel's blog.  She is pretty interactive with her readers. Plus she covers a lot of fairy tale news!!
The Daily Prophecy


And finally today I will mention Oh the Books.  This blog is run by a fun set of girls.  I love to read their posts.. they make me feel like they are my friends!

Oh, the Books!

Literature:
 What do you think of when you think of literature? Classics, contemporary, genre, or something else entirely? We are leaving this one up to you to come up with and share the literature that you want to chat about the most. Feel free to share a list of your favorites, break down your favorite genre, feature your favorite authors, and be creative about all things literature in general.

What do I think of when I think of literature?  The point of this question is to talk about the literature that you love.  Well... for me my favorites are kind of all over the board.  If you follow my blog you probably have noticed.  I really pretty much can read anything but Non-Fiction. I love Comics to Stephen King to Young Adult.  I really didn't mean to jump into the Young Adult genre.  In 2007 I was on goodreads when it was kind of new and someone asked me to help moderate a Young Adult Book Club.  At the time it was pretty much the only one on goodreads and then BOOM now there are so many of them.  I ended up reading along each month because that is what I thought a good moderator should do and I really liked the books.

I find that I don't make as much time now though for adult novels.  Which I need to do more of.  I do think too that Comics are wonderful.  It just appeals to the geek in me.  I not only love Superhero comics but all types of Graphic Novels.  I have even thought about doing a feature on the blog where I read a comic with another blogger who would be interested in reading one with me and I could help them pick their first one.  I just haven't really implemented the idea yet.   Not sure if people would be interested in this or not.

What about you??  I am excited to see what other people want to say about literature.





34 comments:

  1. I love your cozy chair! Looks really comfortable. I don't have a special space for reading and just flop down where I am at that moment. I have been following your blog for a while and can't wait to see what your new look will be :)




    Just Reading for Fun . . . and stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cozy chair looks mighty inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4 years! Woohoo, that's awesome!! Haha yes, I did just that, made a board :D But I LOVE your chair. It looks super cozy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your cozy reading spot! I've been reading more graphic novels the past three years - they're often such good reads. I started reading Neil Gaiman's The Sandman series last month, and I'm really enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that chair too... I am a little addicted to it. If someone else is in it and I have to sit on the couch I get all moody. I have to rearrange my reading lamp and all that jazz.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a ton of borads on Pinterest. I need to calm down with them! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went to BEA last year and it was a lot of fun, but this year I'll be enjoying the Armchair posts instead!

    Love your reading spot, cozy!


    Mands @ The Bookish Manicurist

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did try to read the Sandman and didn't really get into it. I need to give it another go since people love it so much. I don't know why I didn't get into it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks!! I love that you went to BEA. I am making that a goal to make it there one year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Angela! Nice to see you. Your reading chair looks really comfy.

    I read a Super Woman comic last fall. It's the first comic that I have read in years. What would you recommend for a comic newbie to try? I am open to anything but horror.

    What are you looking forward to the most at Armchair BEA this week?

    I participated in Bout of Books 10 too. I am headed over to snoop around your post ;-)
    Best of luck with your blog's new look.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by! OK.. so for superhero comics I would recommend The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. For a neat graphic novel I would recommend The Arrival. I enjoyed that one a lot. What I love about Armchair BEA is discovering new blogs. I have been real busy this week with family visiting so I was able to prepare my posts in advance and can now run around and check out blogs! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay...I totally love your cozy chair spot! As for literature I particularly love all genres of middle grade fiction (contemporary and fantasy being my favourite within that), adult mysteries and fantasy (urban and high fantasy in particular). Within YA, these days it is mostly fantasy (urban and high). Have a great week with Armchair BEA!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's fun getting to know bloggers a bit better! I like to read on my front porch, if it's not too hot, or in my pool when it is! That's my favorite part of the summer. haha

    Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Holly @ Words Fueled by LoveMay 26, 2014 at 8:26 PM

    Hi Angie! The best part of your comfy chair - the kitty behind it! (I'm a fan of all things kitty!)

    Enjoy your week of Armchair BEA!

    Holly @ Words Fueled by Love

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh your genres sound like my cup of tea!! I am currently reading The Golem and the Ginni and love it. I am about to check out your blog and see what recent reviews you have.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have a pool!!! Sooooo sooo sooo jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes he is a big fur ball back there. Love him so much. I have two kitties. Pippin and Merry.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your chair. Makes me want to grab your cat and curl up in it with a good book! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm finding the individual stories to be very inventive, which is so very Gaiman. But I've only finished the first two, still waiting on the third from the library (I don't always read a series in order, but feel like I should with this one).

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have always liked the posts where you share a little about yourself. Your reading nook looks very cozy.

    I have always thought of literature as classics like Dracula or Sherlock Holmes, but the more I read I feel everything that is worth reading is literature. I agree with you that comic books are literature, just a different type.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think maybe it was the art... I didn't love the art in that series. I need to just look past it.. I've had to do that with the Fables series by Bill Willingham sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  22. In that case, it might be worth trying the series again. The stories are illustrated by a number of different artists. I started Fables at the same time as The Sandman, too! Enjoying that series as well.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the chair! Seems like your cat behind it enjoys it too, could be a good reading companion there! Well done on four years blogging, I know a lot of people that don't last long. Even myself have slowed down, and I haven't even reached three years yet!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great post! Happy Armchair BEA! Love the comfy chair/ sleeping kitty :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cool on Golem and The Ginni. I listened to that one...what a story! Happy Reading!


    I just read Kelley Armstrong's Sea of Shadows...loved it. And for YA Urban Fantasy Holly Black is one of the best authors out there...just in case you have not tried her yet.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Totally want that reading chair!!! And Angela, I have no idea how you're NOT in my feed reader yet. I'm fixing that RIGHT NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Is that a kitty cat photobomb in the picture? Your recliner looks amazingly comfy!!


    I'm still a bit bummed about your lack of love for non-fiction. Surely there's gotta be something! :P

    ReplyDelete
  28. Usually there is one cat in the bed back there and one cat in my lap!! Love it so much... there is nothing like a little purr in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I used to think of the word "literature" as classics also, until I became a bigger reader. Then I realized it was more then that. I love my reading nook. It's easy to have my laptop right next to me and then pick it up and put it down when I am done reading.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I will say... sometimes I am like... ugh... why am I blogging. then I play a video game, read a book or watch a movie and want to chat about it!! I love to just chit chat about these things and love that there are other people out there who want to do that too.

    ReplyDelete
  31. He is a such a fun cat... I should've put a picture of him on here so people could see his face.

    ReplyDelete
  32. LOL! Well thank you! I always hope people have fun here.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I have tried and tried non-fiction. I did love Let's Pretend this Never Happened by the Bloggess! That was really good.

    ReplyDelete