I had a little blog drama... well my template did anyways. I had been having a lot of issues with it over the last year anyways. Preview wasn't working, people couldn't comment on my blog from a mobile device, a few more things that I just put up with. But then this week the titles disappeared. My blog title, post titles and the titles on the side bar. I tried everything to get them to come back but the template was just so old (made in 2004) that I think it just didn't stay updated with bloggers new updates. Right now I have up a temporary look. I am hoping to have a new one made soon... looks like I have a designer lined up. So excited you should see something new on here in June.
Love this tweet:
What if dead people started tweeting? There might be a story in that. Charles Dickens could tell how DROOD was supposed to end.
— Stephen King (@StephenKing) April 29, 2014
On the Blog:
-I review the SCARY video game Outlast.
-I do a Top Ten Tuesday all about my favorite board game Clue.
-I talk about having to have to get a new blog look.
- Clean Sweep ARC Challenge Kick Off #CleanSweepARC has begun. Have you joined up??
-There was a new Project Disney - Robin Hood this week. Be sure to stop by and chat about it with me.
-I also review the book The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood by Howard Pyle ... ... pretty neat to see where Robin Hood's origins are.
Around the Blogospere:
-Are Online Book Clubs "Real" Book Clubs? I love the article. I run two book clubs on goodreads and have found so much joy in them. I can't find any in real life despite how much I have tried.
- Police were called for someone handing out a book for World Book Night. So sad. :(
- What format of book do you favor? Really a well thought out post about the different types of books we read.
-The decline of Barnes and Nobles book clubs. I have been hearing a lot about this lately.
-My book clubs on goodreads are reading Desperation by Stephen King and Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz.
- Are you bothered by "cheerleaders" who help cheer us on during events (Dewey, Bout of Books, Armchair BEA). Personally I love that people do this and I am going to be one of the cheerleaders for Bout of Books.
-Join in the #weneeddiversebooks campagin! May 1, 2, and 3rd.
- I am going to sign up for Mental Health Awareness Month- click the button for more info
I love those videos out there that are lip-reading and this one is pretty funny.
Books Books Books:
I am reading The Selected Works of TS Spivet and I flew through Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe. My review will be up this week. Be on the lookout for it. How is your week going??