Monday, December 30, 2013

Borderlands Video Game Review



I've been debating a long time on weather or not to review Borderlands. I didn't end up finishing the game... DNF! I really loved the game... great first person shooter.  You get to explore a big world.  You get different jobs and these jobs are categorized as hard, tough, normal, ext. You gets levels and you try to do the jobs around your level.  If you don't then the jobs will just be too tough and you just won't be able to finish them. 

So I played and played this game.  Really it was hard... I mean.. at first I didn't realize that I shouldn't even try to attempt to do the jobs too high ranked for me.  So I tried this one job for like 2 hours and then gave up and went to bed.  Then the next day I tried again and went for a different job and then had fun again.  Yea... here we go!  Then I moved to the next jobs and stuck with the "normal" level ones and just couldn't get past!  I don't get it.


 Others that I have talked to about this game say it's best to play with other people.  If I was playing on PC I could join a group. I am playing on the PS3.  I only have one controller since we game more on the Xbox 360 so no one in my house can join up.  I suppose that I could run around and level up by constantly killing lower level creatures but I don't know.  I guess I am discouraged.  Which is a total bummer this game is actually pretty hard.  You can't put the game on easy either.. there is only one game type which I guess you could call normal. 


I won't even bother with Borderlands 2 since I can't even do this one.  Unless possibly on the PS4 you can group up with other people (I plan on getting the PS4 in the new year). I am very excited to hear that TellTale games is going to make a Borderlands game... now that game I know I'll be able to play and beat since Tell Tale games are easy.  There is even a trailer for the game already out:

Maybe I'll give Borderlands another go... I just wish it was easier on single player and that multiplayer wasn't really necessary.  Of course ... maybe I am just not as good of a player as I thought too.  No wait... that can't be it!

4 out of 10

10 comments:

  1. I both enjoy and don't enjoy video games. For one thing, sitting on my butt for too long makes my back hurt, so I can only play for an hour or two before I need to get up and stretch. Also, I'm more for adventure games (like Final Fantasy). I enjoy the complex story lines and interesting characters with arcs and dynamics. Which is why I enjoy the FF games as much as I do - each character is unique, and I enjoy learning more about them throughout the game.

    This was an interesting review. :P I rarely see ones about video games.

    Sydney @ Utterly Bookish

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love video games... I also love the Final Fantasy games!!! I didn't play FF 14 but I did play 13. 14 is online and I'm not really into the MMORPG . This is a big world similar to the worlds you encounter in FF. It's just first person shooter. Since you like FF did you ever lay Kingdom Hearts? It's the same type of fighting style. I love it soooo much!!! I review games on here every now and then so be on the look out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering if Aidan would like this game..we have a ps4 now as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want a PS4 sooo bad.... but alas! I didn't get one and now I keep checking stores trying to find one. I should've preordered. What was I doing????? I think you can play Borderlands 2 on PS4 with other people. And my friend told me last week I think that Borderlands 2 is free on the PS4 right now if you have PS+!! Tell Aidan to check it out!

      Delete
  4. It's too bad you didn't get the experience you hoped for with Borderlands. It's true - you would enjoy it a lot more if you played it with someone else. I'm still playing Borderlands 2, but with my husband. Doubt I could complete it all on my own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a friend who said they have it on Xbox 360... so I might go and try to find a used copy so I can play with them. I only have one controller for the PS3 so that is why my husband or friend who come over can't play with me. I don't know anyone who has an extra controller to loan us either. Some games are just easier on a team!

      Delete
  5. It's too bad it was too hard. I loved Borderlands - and maybe my experience was different because I played on Xbox. I did play a lot with my husband. I know I had to do some quests multiple times to beat them, but that's just because I'm not awesome at aiming. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose I could give it a third go... I mean... this game is awesome. I may not have the patience either to be hanging around and leveling up. I want to be able to do the normal level jobs when they are assigned to me!!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. YEA! I decided to just take the plunge and DO IT!! Thanks for the motivation!

      Delete