Monday, December 23, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday - leave me a book Santa!



It’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the wonderful blog at The Broke and the Bookish! This week's topic is Top Ten books I want Santa to leave me.  Soooo since this is from Santa and everything from him is free.... I have to pick EXPENSIVE books!

These are in no particular order:

1.  Madonna: Sex.  I love Madonna... always have.  Since I was a little girl in the 80s.  I remember she had this book come out called Sex.  I wanted it so bad.  I would go by the bookstore and couldn't even look in it because it was in this plastic cover.  To this day I haven't been able to look at this book.. it's hard to find and out of print.   I want this book Santa... please!


2. Last year for Christmas I bought my husband the paperback Harry Potter set.  We had been reading our hardbacks to death.  IF I had any idea there would be a new set our I would've never bought those.  So now I just can't see any reason to buy yet ANOTHER set.  Soooo Santa please bring me these for free!


3.  If Santa could bring me something that I could gift to my husband it would be the Superman Files. It's made to look like a scrapbook.  It has Daily Planet Clippings, and Kryptonian artifacts.  300 pages of Superman fun!



 4.  I just want the entire collections of the book covers that both Barnes and Nobles Leatherbound Classics and Penguins Clothbound Classics!  I mean AMAZING!  The whole Collection.. all of them!!! 

5.  ALL first edition Stephen King books.  Enough said:


6.  Limited Edition Graphic Novel Locke and Key by Joe Hill illustrated by Gabriel Rodriguez.  I mean limited edition graphic novels are usually pretty amazing... like this set:


7.  Santa... all I really want is for George RR Martin to PLEASE FRICKEN finish A Song of Ice and Fire.  I mean... is that too much to ask?  So for Christmas I would like book 6... The Winds of Winter.  In fact... I would like to finish off all the series I'm reading so I would like those books too.



You know what... it's late Santa and that's all I can think of right now.  And why get greedy right?????  Please bring me all these gifts.  I promise I will display them for all to see. 



25 comments:

  1. I want the Winds of Winter too! I had a dream recently in which I got a copy of the book from GRR Martin at a book release event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahahahaha - I like the way you think!!!! What an awesome list!!! I think you deserve all of these just because they're such good pics! :-) And those covers on the classics are pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured if it's Santa bringing the books I might as well pick what I REALLY want.

      Delete
  3. OOoh very nice! Nothing wrong with needing doubles that come in new covers! Sounds like you need those too!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my god, YES. I need that Harry Potter collection in my life!

    Merry Christmas!
    My TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like art!! Eventually all these editions of the HP books will probably become collection items.

      Delete
  5. I LOVE the Barnes and Noble classics! And I'm in the same boat…I got the paperback set for Harry Potter two Christmases ago, but I absolutely love the new covers. I may just have to own two sets... Great picks and Merry Christmas :)

    Here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why did I get those books last Christmas ... WHY!!! NOOOOOOOOO!! Then .. right after I bought the paperbacks the digital ebooks were released!

      Delete
  6. Love that Harry Potter book set 0_____0 It's beautiful!
    Ninja Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too... ones to display in the house that's for sure.

      Delete
  7. OMG! Your husband is also addicted to HP? That's very very nice to know, Angie. It's rare for me to stumble upon a couple who both read books and it's even rarer to find them enjoying the same books particularly HP. Weeee. A lot of the males I know IRL are more inclined to read Stephen King, George Martin, and comic books.

    And goodness gracious, I really need to start mustering the courage to read GOT you know. It's just that I really hate when there are so many character deaths. Hahahaha.

    Great list, Angie! Have a blissful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband is a fantasy freak. He loves LOTR and HP and all that jazz. GOT is long. I haven't read books 4 and 5 because he is taking so long writing them. I am sick of him taking all this time!! NOOOOOoooooo!

      Delete
  8. I love those hp paperbacks and I actually got them for Christmas which I loved! And I too would love GRRM to finish that series! Great list

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wait...., Martin's book six is out? I'm heading to Amazon right now!
    Next year we should do a secret santa or something :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh God, it is just a chapter.... hell no! Is he crazy? I'm not reading a chapter to then have to wait who knows how many years for the actual book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know... a CHAPTER!!! Who wants to read that??? It's crazy!!

      Delete
  11. Oh you list is bomb..and I do hope Santa brought you some of these!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, this list is AWESOME! I'd probably die if I got these all :)
    First edition Stephen King books!!!! Leatherbound Classics!!! <333 And now I WANT Locke and Key, because Joe Hill!!
    Hope you got some books from this super amazing wish list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get any... but who cares! I can dream right???? I wonder if I could get that Madonna sex book from the interlibrary loan at my library. I am going to give it a shot!

      Delete
  13. No arguments about anything on this wish list, the Harry Potter and Stephen King sets in particular look promising!
    Just finished reading The Green Mile, great stuff. I'm always amazed how within a page, Stephen King has the narrator's voice established and me as the reader hooked. That Percy Whetmore is one of the more despicable characters I've encountered!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephen King blows me away. I love him so much. He was really the first books I read as an adult. I didn't read much through high school and then in college I picked up the Shining and never looked back. Now I just love to read!!

      Delete