Friday, December 27, 2013

Top Ten Books looking forward in 2014

 This event runs for five consecutive days, the last full week of the year – Monday, December 23rd to Friday, December 27th. Five days in which we share of some of our favorite lists and we invite ALL of YOU to join in on the fun and share your lists with everyone too!  It is hosted by FIKTshun , Magical Urban Fantasy Reads , and Two Chicks on Books.

 Today's post is Top 10 Books I’m Looking Forward to in 2014 (This list should be comprised ONLY of books released in 2014)

These are in no particular order:



I love this series!  Daughter of Smoke and Bone (book 1) and Days of Blood and Starlight (book 2) were both great to me.  So I really can't wait to get this trilogy finished! Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor looks pretty neat.

This series is fabulous.  I really love the idea of this whole.. old souls vs new souls.  This is one series where the cover actually caused me to pick the book up and read it.  Incarnate and Asunder were both pretty amazing so I have high hopes for this one too.  Infinite by Jodi Meadows is one book I can't wait for.

 I wish there was a cover for this book already!   Shadow and Bone (book 1) and Siege and Storm (book 2)  I thought were good.  The second book got a little off the story to me but still enjoyable.  Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo is going to be an Epic ending.  Oh and the short stories Bardugo writes are pretty amazing too!

I think this is a neat dystopia series.  I wouldn't have ever read it if it weren't for my book club picking it for our monthly read.  This is another trilogy I'll be finishing in 2014! Blood Red Road and Rebel Heart were good starter books though I did feel Rebel Heart was one of those slow second book in a series.  Dust Lands #3 Raging Star by Moira Young is a book I can't wait to get my hands on.

I just recently read the first book, The Diviners and loved it.  I am not sure why the publishers changed the cover art before the second book is even out?  I liked the original art better myself. Lair of Dreams hopefully keeps the whole 1920s theme going perfectly!







I have been waiting for Locke and Key Volume 6 Alpha and Omega FOREVER!  This is the final arc in this wonderful graphic novel by Joe Hill illustrated by  Gabriel Rodriguez.  If you are interested in getting into graphic novels this series is a perfect place to begin.  I am excited to read it but sad that the series is finished. 


I'll be honest... I didn't think that Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children needed a sequel.  I really liked it as a stand alone.  But since there is going to be a sequel... well of course I am going to read it.  I don't know if the pictures in Hollow City are going to be ones Riggs found in flee markets again... but I sure do hope so!





Now... some of you may know this, I love comics!  I don't write a review for every comic I read because... well I think everyone would be like..snore.  But I love love the Fables comics and am sad that they author Bill Willingham announced that the end is coming.  I think in 2015 the last comic in the series will be written.  BOO!  Looking forward to Camelot volume 20 that is coming out in 2014.





Well... those are my eight picks!!  I can't wait to see what everyone else is looking forward to! 

12 comments:

  1. Great list! I can't wait to start Taylor's and Bardugo's series, as well as Young's. I have heard so many great things about them all.
    I hope you get these soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I still hadn't actually started any of these series, hopefully in 2014, starting with the January read-a-long of Daughter of Smoke & Bone. I hope you'll enjoy all of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow... well you have a lot of series to catch up on that's for sure!!

      Delete
  3. I can't wait for Dreams of Gods and Monsters! Love this series!

    ReplyDelete
  4. DREAMS OF GODS AND MONSTERS EEP! I have not read book two of that series, because I've heard sad things about it? I'll binge-read books two and three (and I guess I should re-read book one) when book three comes out. SO EXCITED! :D

    Check out my Top Ten post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list. I am looking forward to Hollow City too.

    ReplyDelete