Saturday, December 28, 2013

Sunday Post

Let's chat about what's going on this week... on my blogs.. on other blogs... on the internet... and just everywhere!  Despite not reading this week.. the blog has been busy!  I link up my post to Sunday Post, Bought, Borrowed & Bagged, Showcase Sunday, and Stacking the Shelves


This week on the blog:


 

I participate in the Top Ten of 2013... my Top Ten Covers of 2013, Top Ten Books I read in 2013,  and Top Ten Books looking forward to in 2014.
I posted the craziest books that I wanted to get from Santa (no I didn't get them.. but still fun to look at).
I posted my newest Project Disney Post on The Jungle Book .. this is where I compare book to movie and usually there are some major differences.
This week I am also asking you... do you ever go back to blogs you commented on and check out the replies???  

What I've Found Around the Blogospere:
A Bookish Heart is doing a new game with bloggers this time based on Harry Potter!  Last time around I did participate in the Hunger Games she hosted.. I was invited this time around but it is really time consuming so I had to pass.
Let's put James Franco on the cover of all books!!
Captivated Reader talks about Authorgraphs which is kind of neat.  Authors autograph your ebooks! 
Another Novel Reads explores Tarot in The Raven Boys book.  I love Tarot cards so I find this interesting and well researched. 
Plus EVERYONE needs to check out this wonderful post from A Bookish Heart. For Christmas she has listed every blog that has ever commented on her blog in presents so we can all discover new blogs.  Honestly this is amazing and wonderful. 

Books Books Books
This week I made a quick stop into the library despite being so busy and there were so many books waiting for me!  Takedown Twenty by Janet Evanovich and Allegiant by Veronica Roth are the ones I am looking forward to most.  Love you library!  I am already done with Takedown Twenty and loving it so far. I also finally upgrade my Nook Color.  I love my Nook Color... but it is slow and I can't play games on it.  So I bought a Nexus 7.  I did a lot of research and it was a better buy then the Kindle, the Galaxy and the Nook HD.  (I did really want the iPad mini but the price tag was just too high).   I put the Nook app on it so I can still read all the Nook books I bought.




Well that's it for this week... hope your week was fun and even with the holidays you got a lot of reading done!






23 comments:

  1. Enjoy your new reader. I am off to check out your post about comments. Happy New Year's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the reader so far!!! Affordable and seems just as good as the iPad mini!

      Delete
  2. Nice reader, Angie. I'm sure you can also put other reading apps on it so that you can read books from different e-book sellers :)

    Thanks for sharing some cool links, I am checking them out now.

    Happy reading, and Happy New Year!

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I didn't think of that... I bet Kindle has an app too. I wish my library had more ebooks. They do order everything else.. ebooks are just so hard for libraries to get.

      Delete
  3. I hope you enjoy your new reader. I'm content with my Kindle Touch. I only want to read on it. I play enough games on my laptop already. Come see what I got at Ms. Martin Teaches Media and Inside of a Dog. Happy reading and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use my laptop for everything but ereaders and app gaming. I really wanted to play plants vs zombies and couldn't on my Nook reader. So it was time to upgrade!!

      Delete
  4. Enjoy your new tablet! The Nook app is pretty nice for reading. Happy new year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo, a new tablet! I didn't even think to consider a Nexus 7. I have an old Kindle (like, 3rd generation something, 3 years old soon), and now a Paperwhite. I hope you love your new tablet! :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about a Paperwhite but need my tablet to do more then just be a reader. Maybe if I read more ebooks then I do... but I do tend to play a lot of games.

      Delete
  6. Cool new tablet! I thought that was very cool of bookish heart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad someone out there loves the library as much as I do!! I also agree on the cost of an iPad. I'm an Apple girl, but I just couldn't go there right now...
    Beth @ Free Spirit Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am an apple girl too. Almost everything in my house is apple. But this just made more sense to get the Nexus 7. Almost $200 cheaper.

      Delete
  8. Love your new reader. I'm looking around for one right now as well as my kindle is ancient and has some strange looking black dots on the screen (it has hit the floor often!). Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hit the floor!!! Yikes!! I bet that was scary. It is hard when your ereader is ancient yet still sort of works. you really don't want to invest in something new.

      Delete
  9. I hope you enjoy the Nexus! I have a Nook and a kindle and despite buying ebooks all the time I still gravitate towards the books on my shelf. Need to be better about that!

    Happy new year Angela!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't read too many ebooks myself. I prefer a old fashion book. But sometimes when traveling an ereader is amazing.

      Delete
  10. I hope you love your Nexus! I work in the library, and I love it - it funds my book habit and stops me from constantly buying books.My STS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am loving the magazine app from my library. It is a little bit of a bummer to log into it. I have to log in twice. Once on the app.. and then back on my library's site. But it is still nice and the picture is much better then my nook color (which wouldn't even support the magazine app).

      Delete
  11. Happy New Year & I also need to maybe try the Paperwhite. my Kindle Fire is making my eyesight worse because of the glare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting how many people want a new ereader. Must be getting to that time where we all have had them for a few years. They are like computers.. go obsolete soooo quickly!

      Delete