Sunday, December 15, 2013

Sunday Post


I don't usually participate in the Sunday Post... but I have seen people make them more personal not just about books and I thought.. hey that looks fun!  So I am going to give it a try.  I link up my post to Sunday Post, Bought, Borrowed & Bagged, Showcase Sunday, and Stacking the Shelves.

This week on the blog:
I started up my first comic book post (which I really enjoyed) 
Max Brooks author of World War Z is going to answer some questions and YOU get to ask them.  It is hard to get authors to do Q&As so I am really really excited about this. 
 Project Disney continues with Fantasia 2000... love this movie.  It really is beautiful.
I participated in The Perpetual Page Turner's End of Year Book Survey for 2013.  If you did stop by and leave me a link to yours!
I also finished and reviewed The Maze Runner by James Dashner for my book club.
I am also getting my posts reading for the Top 10 of 2013... have you been over to Fiktshun and checked it out?

Movies this week:
For those who follow the blog .. you know I love movies.  This week we of course we to opening night of The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug.
I also watched from the library Monster's University, White House Down, and At World's End.  I really enjoyed all three movies.

What I've found around the blogospere:
Nose Graze starts a new blogging community for book bloggers
The Perpetual Page Turner has posted her End of Year Book Survey 2013.
A Bookish Heart posts about Vampires VS Zombies where she and another blogger debate over which is better.  Fun!
Have you seen Bookish Whimsy's Suspense Sundays??  Neat .. she talks about radio series and reviews them.

Books Books Books:
I actually won a book!  I won Across the Universe from Kelley at Another Novel Read.  I am very excited to get this book started.  I have heard many good things about it.
I am about to get started on UnSouled by Neil Shusterman .. the third book in the series.  I can't wait to get started.  The cover on it is so bizarre though.... I just don't care for it.
I have been applying for some DC comics at netgalley and always get denied!  Why Netgalley WHY!  DC is so picky.. I get all the other graphic novels I apply for.




My blog: 
Every week I try to do something on my blog that helps it become better. This week I joined Book Blogging which is a really neat website for those of us who are book bloggers. You can talk to fellow book bloggers and join little communities.  Really neat and you should all check it out and think about joining.  Here is more information from Nose Graze .

That's what is going on around here this week.  I am going to try to start doing some Sunday Posts from now on!

4 comments:

  1. I will admit that I'm not a huge fan of LotR or The Hobbit but I am a fan of Legolas. So I'm pretty happy that he's in this movie. LoL
    Kristin @ Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was happy to see him in the film in the end. At first I was like... this is going to be awful. But the movie actually needed Legolas!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on winning a giveaway! It is such an exciting feeling to win something. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know... now if only I could win that big lottery jackpot this weekend!

      Delete