Saturday, April 26, 2014

Dewey's Read-a-thon


I am excited to be participating for the first time in Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thon.  This is going to be quite an adventure. There are all kinds of fun things happening today.  I didn't realize that every hour there was going to be an update on their webpage!!  Fun.  I will update here all day so if you want to see how I am doing click on this blog post.  I just don't want to spam everyone all day... but who knows.. maybe I will??

Update 1:

Currently Reading:  Robin Hood (finishing it up for my Project Disney this week).
Books Finished: None
Pages Read: 60
Amount of Time Spent Reading: 1 hour
Snacks: None yet
Where are you reading:  In my favorite recliner!

I will  be updating a lot on Twitter.  My Twitter handler is @Kingmod

I posted a picture on Twitter of my TBR pile for the event:


I just found out that if you plan on reading one of the Lunar Chronicle books by Marissa Meyers she will donate $5 to Reach out and Read.  Really this is amazing and has inspired me to move Scarlet up on my list to be the next book I start! 


OK.. of to do some challenges!
I participated in Little Miss Reader's Puzzle Challenge
Challenge # 2 Paragraph challenge by Cautious:
  "In which shall be told how Robin Hood turned Butcher, and how he revenged himself upon the Sheriff.  Also, of the famous adventures that befell Little John at the Nottinham Archery Match, and how he entered the Sheriff's service".  Robin Hood by Howard Pyle
Challenge #3 Intro Meme:

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?  In reading from Colorado!
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?  Honestly I am most looking forward to Scarlet by Marissa Meyer!!! 
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?  I missed the part about snacks!!!  So I didn't buy any to prepare for the readathon!!  Luckily I just went grocery shopping so I have plenty of food.  About to eat a french bread pizza for lunch. 30 minutes till pizza!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!  My name is Angie.. I have been blogging here for almost three years now!!  I love it. This is actually my first time participating in this readathon.  Surprising.  I just never thought there would be any way that I could read for 24 hours.  We will see right? 
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?  This is my first readathon with Dewey.  I am looking forward to getting a lot of books read.  I will have a few distractions today (have to go to the airport).  I have to give my cats shots... I have to eat... blah blah.  LOL!!! 




9 comments:

  1. I love Fables! I hope you get to those today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting to join you for that project Disney, it sounds like such fun, especially now that I am wearing the DVDs out with Munchkin! Good luck and keep on reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Fables too.. I haven't been enjoying the Jack of Fables books as much as the main series. But it's still enjoyable!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is never too late to start Project Disney. You can even pick and chose which ones you want to do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Dewey's Readathon and don't mind fill up everybody's feed reader all day. I love to read updates. You look like you are doing great so far. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just saw that you won a door prize and wanted to come check your progress. Lucky you winning something your first readathon. This is my first readathon winning anything, but third time participating. I overall just love the day so it doesn't matter. Congrats. I struggled with Robin Hood by Howard Pyle. There is an even older version of Robin Hood, but I had better access to this one. I hope you have a wonderful day of reading. My next Project Disney coming up I hope is going to be The Princess and the Frog. I review The Twelve Dancing Princesses Barbie movie the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you!! One think I have found is stopping by everyone's blogs is so time consuming. I am going to have to manage that time better! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have fun... I'll be looking at your progress throughout the day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw you won something too. Actually... I saw that there were a few blogs I follow that have been winning books today. I love the list of books that are available too! So amazing!!

    ReplyDelete