Saturday, April 26, 2014
I am excited to be participating for the first time in Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thon. This is going to be quite an adventure. There are all kinds of fun things happening today. I didn't realize that every hour there was going to be an update on their webpage!! Fun. I will update here all day so if you want to see how I am doing click on this blog post. I just don't want to spam everyone all day... but who knows.. maybe I will??
Currently Reading: Robin Hood (finishing it up for my Project Disney this week).
Books Finished: None
Pages Read: 60
Amount of Time Spent Reading: 1 hour
Snacks: None yet
Where are you reading: In my favorite recliner!
I will be updating a lot on Twitter. My Twitter handler is @Kingmod
I posted a picture on Twitter of my TBR pile for the event:
I just found out that if you plan on reading one of the Lunar Chronicle books by Marissa Meyers she will donate $5 to Reach out and Read. Really this is amazing and has inspired me to move Scarlet up on my list to be the next book I start!
OK.. of to do some challenges!
I participated in Little Miss Reader's Puzzle Challenge
Challenge # 2 Paragraph challenge by Cautious:
"In which shall be told how Robin Hood turned Butcher, and how he revenged himself upon the Sheriff. Also, of the famous adventures that befell Little John at the Nottinham Archery Match, and how he entered the Sheriff's service". Robin Hood by Howard Pyle
Challenge #3 Intro Meme:
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? In reading from Colorado!
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Honestly I am most looking forward to Scarlet by Marissa Meyer!!!
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? I missed the part about snacks!!! So I didn't buy any to prepare for the readathon!! Luckily I just went grocery shopping so I have plenty of food. About to eat a french bread pizza for lunch. 30 minutes till pizza!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! My name is Angie.. I have been blogging here for almost three years now!! I love it. This is actually my first time participating in this readathon. Surprising. I just never thought there would be any way that I could read for 24 hours. We will see right?
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? This is my first readathon with Dewey. I am looking forward to getting a lot of books read. I will have a few distractions today (have to go to the airport). I have to give my cats shots... I have to eat... blah blah. LOL!!!